50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

51 years old.
Live and dive in Northern California where the water is cold (45 to 53 degrees) - Sonoma and Mendocino Counties.
I sometimes am able to get down to Southern California and get on a dive boat.
I hardly ever go to Monterey.
I like to freedive for abs, however due to the change in rules and the DFG's unfair citation practices I am boycotting ab diving and will not be spending money on an ab card next year.
I like to hunt for big lingcod and pull rock scallops.
I work on my own gear and service all my own regs. I only use regs that I can get parts for and service myself.
I like to cut apart wetsuits and custom fit them to myself.
I mostly solo dive.
I will not dive with control freaks.
I kayak dive frequently.
I sold my boat and magically a bunch of "friends" disappeared.
I hate drysuits.
My dive shop for air fills and trinkets is Pinnacles in Santa Rosa, and SubSurface Progression up in Ft. Bragg.
I also buy a lot of stuff on the internet.

Attachments

• P1010078.jpg
    P1010078.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 97
  • B0000048.jpg
    B0000048.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 88
  • B0000047.jpg
    B0000047.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 92
62... dive when ears behave.
aowd/nitrox
photos
like to travel...
keeping it real...

well crud. When this thread started, I didn't qualify to answer.. drat..

51, dive S. Florida. Mostly beach diving. Nitrox (get it for the same price as air :D ). When boat diving, like the longer SI
Favorite Dive shop, is Go Dive Florida, formally Fill Express, where I get my nitrox. But will shop around for gear.
Current cert is NAUI DM.
Log all my dives. Today's dive was 846

Welcome in youngster :flowers: We are all lucky to get to post here.. better than the options :)

This is true.. better to be on this side of the daisies...:)

If you're looking up at the surface, you'd better be in water. :D

Here are two 50+ yo divers (my GF and I) getting married underwater on December 10, 2013 on Grand Turk

The wedding party
1475979_674441252599931_1148073514_n.jpg

You may kiss the bride
1512632_674441455933244_1543619556_n.jpg

625550_674441309266592_908783315_n.jpg

Awesome! Congrats!

My husband and Dive Buddy, Richard, and I are 67 and 66 respectively. Aside from 2 dives I did in Curacao last month, our last trip was on the Rocio Del Mar in the Sea of Cortez in August, before that, May for 5 days in Malapasqua followed by Tubataha, Dumagete, Bohol, etc. for 13 days on on the Philippine Siren.

Aside from a movie and Chinese food, I have spent today working on our next trip...3 1/2+ weeks in Indonesia in search of critters. I found this thread while looking for a boat called "SY Jaya" that does 6 day trips to Raja Ampat for Wicked Diving. Has anybody heard of them? Prices are reasonable..Maybe too reasonable??? Looks like we'll try Dive into Ambon and somewhere in Alor. Any suggestions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom