Correct routing of Edd Sorenson's Old School Bungies on SMS100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RWSM

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I installed the bungie mounting strap inside the soft backplate (next to my back) with the cross strap running out through the single tank band slots and over the wing (pretty much where the stock bungies went).

I assumed this was the purpose of the "offset" T portion.

Yesterday I was staring at the rig and realized that I could run the strap portion out between the wing and my back and not have the strap/bungie over the wing.

If I run it between the wing and me it will not constrict the wing. On the other hand maybe it is meant to constrict the wing to keep the lift lower. (That is what the original bungies do.)

Anyone know what Edd intended?

My SMS 100 that was "Edd modded" before they shipped it to me has the old school strap on the harness side of the wing. Ie that puts it between my back and the wing.

You want the "old skool" strap + bungie between the backpad and the wing (not on top of the wing). If you run it on top changes in the gas in the wing will alter the trim of the tanks which is not so good. Besides, the wing already has bungies to control its shape.

Hmmm. I was afraid of that. Re-routing bungies now...

Thank you both for the confirmation. :wink:

Is the vertical part of the "T" on the backside of the wing and then the horizontal strap ducks into the single tank slots and out between your back and the wing?

Back
Top Bottom