For the fun of it. Who's your dive op?...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue XTSea for me. Christi, Pedro, Nivo and Santos take good care of me, sometimes Juan or Miguel, and I usually meet up with old friends and/or make new ones on Bandida II. Pick me up at the Aldora pier in town, so I get to enjoy San Miguel.

Tres Pelicanos, I was diving with BA last November and saw them at the Palancar pier on their inaugural run with the Skinny Shark. An experienced couple I respected mentioned that the boat had one of the best DM’s on the island and the best captain they knew of. The next trip in December I decided to try them out for a few dives, I haven’t looked back. Since last December I have gotten in about 125 dives with them. Every dive I have done with Servando has been a joy and he has shown enthusiasm about diving, never bored, he is a great DM. Great boat, fast and comfortable and the captain, Chan Fran is not only cheerful, he is knowledgeable. Hitting the correct point when you drop is often the key to a fun and long dive, he drops you at the right point so you are not burning air traveling to the reef he also is always near for a pickup. Long dives, if you have air and a SMB you can dive out your tank, I often get 75-80 minutes at Palancar on an AL80. Everyone associated with the shop is nice. I’ll be heading back down next weekend.
Was that enough cheerleading????
Oh and Steve is loaning me his house next trip to keep my costs down, can't beat that

Gary we agree with you too except when you stay down 75-80 minutes we noticed you were only at 25 feet most of the dive.

Jay

Gary we agree with you too except when you stay down 75-80 minutes we noticed you were only at 25 feet most of the dive.

Jay
Jay are you shure it was me? Since you are normally looking down at me and only see my back side perhaps you mistook me for someone else. Hoping to do Chun Chacaab tomarrow if the wind is OK.

Got certified in 2007 and been using Papa Hogs ever since. Great service, Great staff, flexible dive schedules , small, fast boats.

Jay are you shure it was me? Since you are normally looking down at me and only see my back side perhaps you mistook me for someone else. Hoping to do Chun Chacaab tomarrow if the wind is OK.
You are probably right, have a great time down there and say hello to Servando, Francisco (Raccoon), Pony, Jeanne, Steve, and Pony @ Tres Pelicanos. A great operation!

I met Jay and Gary early November when I was staying at VLA and diving with Tres Pelicanos. Prior to this trip, I stayed at Casa Mexicana and dove with Blue XTSea.

Servando is great, like Pedro Pablo of Blue XTSea. Super experience. As long as you listen to Jeanie and not follow Mike and Gary! Great swim throughs Mike, thank you!

I have gone out on several large boats and found that the most entertaining trips were those with Rodolfo Soltero on the Anita. I miss Rodolfo, he was fun and his crew was outstanding.

Just spent 5 days diving with Scuba with Alison and if we go back to Cozumel (I hope we do), we will try to dive with her again.
We appreciated that she was very safety conscious and able to manage divers of all different levels together. I was happy we each got to dive our own tanks/computers and I loved that Carlos was there with the boat to pick us up the minute we surfaced (we saw a few other people float for more than half an hour waiting for their boat...) and our gear was changed to a new tank before we knew it. I LOVED the Maximus- a very fast and comfortable boat. I liked that I was able to do a giant stride off the boat (though I did try rolling too). I was also really impressed with the quality of Alison's rental gear.

+1 for Scuba Club Coz.
I've been there 2 times now. You are less than 100 steps from the dock, the boats run pretty quick 50-60 minutes to Columbia reef. You do 2 tanks from the boat, with 55 to 65 minutes of bottom time depending on depth. Boats are super reliable in picking you up. You leave the dock at 8:30, and you are back for lunch by 1. Boat crews are great getting you out of the water, and the dive masters do a good briefing.
The other guests there are pretty good too.

Back
Top Bottom