Has anybody here been to Scuba Club Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stay across the street & Christy is right about the walk. 15 minutes get you right into town where there are more good choices than one could experience in a month. Also about 10 minutes south is Blue Angel hotel & Restaurant which has great food at very reasonable prices, and there are even more good (& popular) restaurants just a few minutes past there. Besides it's only 3 blocks from SCC to Prima which has both great food & a great view.

We've been to SCC about 13 times. The last time was last September. The food is great at SCC, lots of choices for breakfast a lunch, about 3 choices for dinner. Get the 3 meal package. We do a short walk to Prima once a week and a long cab ride to Kinta once a week for variety.

We've been to SCC about 13 times. The last time was last September. The food is great at SCC, lots of choices for breakfast a lunch, about 3 choices for dinner. Get the 3 meal package. We do a short walk to Prima once a week and a long cab ride to Kinta once a week for variety.

Long cab ride to Kinta? Really? I hope you were joking :) Kinta is perhaps a mile MAYBE 1.5 miles from SCC so a 5 minute or less cab ride. And while Prima used to be one of our best options - it's got A LOT of competition now! They still have one of the best steaks on the island and definitely the best view :)

My favorite part of a trip to Cozumel (other than the diving) is eating at the many excellent and fun restaurants in town. I have done SCC and found the accommodations and diving to be very good, the food is reasonable, but you will miss a lot if you don't explore downtown for dinner.

My first 2 trips to Cozumel were at Scuba Club, first time 3 meals, 2nd time 2 meals. Breakfast and lunch are reaaly good, dinner is OK. I am pretty sure you can buy dinner if you are on the 2 meal plan, but I didn't, and don't know the cost. If you are wanting to dive a lot, the 3 meal is probably the way to go, take advantage of the unlimited shore dives, and maybe head to town a night or 2. If you are into a relaxing week with some diving and some exploring the local area and cuisine, the 2 meal is probably better, especially if you don't mind the walk. I'm sure you will have a great trip either way, it's a nice resort, and a wonderful Island :)

Stayed there for a week last year and was very glad we chose the breakfast and lunch plan only. Very short walk into town for great meals every night, tons of different and excellent choices. The food at SCC was fine but only a few choices each meal, whereas there are so many great places to eat in town that you will really miss out if you limit yourself to the SCC. Walking into town in my opinion wont restrict your diving either; we were able to do 2 boat dives plus 1-2 shore dives daily with no problem, including twilight or night dives. You'll enjoy your trip no matter what, but you really should venture out and try some of the many great restaurants in town.

I just returned from SCC. Stayed there Dec 7 to 18. The food there is reliable, tasty and generous. They offer restricted diet options and vegetation options too. My wife and I found that breakfast and lunch were a no brainer there as the meals coordinate with the dive boats. They offer a regular menu with some Mexican and US staples, as well as a special fish, meat and veggie option for dinner. If you are a foodie, this will not be for you. If you like good, reliable meals, I would go for the dinner option.

If you are a foodie, this will not be for you. If you like good, reliable meals, I would go for the dinner option.

I think that is the key right there to the answer. Some people thrive on variety, and checking out the atmosphere, and cuisine of different places, while others just need food and as long as it tastes alright they are good to go. I can go either way myself, and if I were staying at SCC I would probably eat dinner there most nights, then go for a night dive.

If you are on the island to dive, sign up for the full board plan. The food is very good at SCC and you don't have to spend your dive time going out to dinner. If you are on the island to dive AND eat out, by all means, just opt for breakfast/lunch. If you only plan on eating in town a couple of times, sign on for full board and skip a couple of meals.

We live in Los Angeles and are surrounded by many excellent restaurants at home. We don't go to Cozumel to dine out, we go to dive and then dive some more.

Back
Top Bottom