Servicing SA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dotcomdiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, really sorrt if this is a re-post,

I am looking to get details on who does all the servicing on the dive gear for the local shops here in SA.

I have a zeagle ranger that needs come new valves and power inflator.

Thanks heaps.

Dotcom

Hi all, really sorrt if this is a re-post, I am looking to get details on who does all the servicing on the dive gear for the local shops here in SA. I have a zeagle ranger that needs come new valves and power inflator. Thanks heaps.
Dotcom

The following stores/businesses offer scuba equipment servicing - Adelaide Scuba, Divers Delight, Divers Service, Scuba Commercial, Scuba Clinic and Underwater Sports Diving Centre. I am not sure if the new dive centre, Diving Adelaide offers servicing; I would suspect it probably does. I personally use Scuba Clinic for regulator/BCD servicing.

my recollection is that Ian from Scuba Clinic has access to Zeagle parts. just make sure you get a parts and labour quote before the work is done.

Some shops who don't have servicing equipment send him their stuff as well I think (not sure, it's just a gut feeling). Personally speaking I'm not the biggest supporter of Adelaide Scuba, but heaps of people use them and really like them.

Some shops who don't have servicing equipment send him their stuff as well I think (not sure, it's just a gut feeling).

Hi Bracko,

I have a few comments re the above. Firstly, the last time that I looked, all of the store websites stated that servicing is offered. I know that some stores do have arrangements to share the servicing workload when things get busy. Secondly, further to the above, the item of work that does get outsourced is hydrostatic testing because of the relatively high cost to establish and maintain the plant and the associated expertise - stores offering is this service include Scuba Commercial, Divers Service and possibly Underwater Sports. It is difficult to identity which stores offer this service because one needs to look at a Standards Australia register rather than a store website. There are also a number of non-diving businesses will hydrostatically test scuba cylinders. Thirdly, there are other dedicated equipment service providers - the most notable is Scuba Commercial which only offer equipment sales, equipment servicing and hydrostatic testing. This business stopped offering training and organised dives over a decade ago because of the low profitability of these activities.

Hi Dotcom,

I run a Scuba Service Centre on the Gold Coast.

I am not sure if this will be of assistance to you but Zeagle is distributed by Aquanaut and their retailer in Adelaide is Snorkel Safari.

Because Snorkel Safari are an authorised Aquanaut dealer, they will have access to the parts you need and be able to service your BCD.

Here is the link for the service page of their website - Snorkel Safari Adelaide - Servicing - Scuba Diving Equipment, Dive Shop & Lessons in Port Noarlunga, Adelaide, Glenelg

Hope this helps.

David

Because Snorkel Safari are an authorised Aquanaut dealer, they will have access to the parts you need and be able to service your BCD.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for pointing out the Snorkel Safari does servicing. On the matter of being 'authorised Aquanaut dealer', both Scuba Commercial and Scuba Clinic can also service equipment wholesaled by Aquanaut. I know this because I have two items of equipment wholesaled by Aquanaut which have been serviced by either Scuba Commercial or Scuba Clinic, but never serviced by an 'authorised Aquanaut dealer'. I was told by Scuba Commercial that this is possible because the service personnel have the appropriate servicing qualifications.

Hi diver257a,

Thanks for the heads up. I recommended Snorkel Safari because they come up as an authorised dealer on the Aquanaut website. I figured that would be a sure thing for getting his BCD serviced.

I didn't recommend the two shops you mentioned because I am not sure what their certifications are. But I am sure your gear is in good hands with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom