How do you find buddies in bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am curious. If I come to Bonaire next year, most likely I would be by myself. is there any way to hook up with divers? Are there any notice boards, forums where you can find buddies? I have not seen a lot of such posts on scubaboard so I was wondering. Thanks.

We just came back from Bonaire last week. We met up with a friend of mine who had been there for 3 weeks before we arrived. The way he found a dive buddy was to sign up for only boat dives, thus they automatically matched him up with someone as a buddy. That's the more expensive option. What I'd suggest you do is to go to whatever dive op you will be renting tanks from and tell them you are looking for a buddy. They should be able to match you up with someone. Otherwise, just hang around the dive op for a while and talk to people. You'll surely find another single or a group with an odd number of people.

We had a great time on Bonaire. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

You could travel with a group ..I have a group going in September to Buddy dive..very often a group trip is a good option for a single diver. It solves the single occ increased rate and there are many to choose from to buddy up with if desired.

Just post - there are plenty of SB'ers that live or go there regularly.

It sounds like staying at a place like Buddy Dive or Dive Hut would be a good idea - it seems like there are lots of divers at these places, some of which will be in your exact situation.

I also agree to post here or on the Bonaire talk forum - I see requests for dive buddies from time to time.

Good luck!

You could travel with a group ..I have a group going in September to Buddy dive..very often a group trip is a good option for a single diver. It solves the single occ increased rate and there are many to choose from to buddy up with if desired.

I like groups too but September is too far apart. If you know a group leaving at around March then please let me know.

Cap,
Try trolling on Bonnairetalk. I found a great semi-local dive buddy there. As your trip gets closer I might be able to introduce you.
Lee

Try the bar at Buddy Dive, Plaza Resort, the Divi, Habitat, Karel's downtown, most restaurants, most people on the Houston red-eye - at a guess 75% of the tourists you see are divers except those downtown when the cruise ship(s) are in. Sort of explains the dozen + dive resorts.

I was asked twice standing around different rinse tanks waiting for my buddy. And we were there during a slow time. We also made plans several times with other divers both on our boat and once at a shore dive site.

I honestly can't think of an easier place to find a buddy. Except maybe Cocoview.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom