Nubble Lighting Nov 30 2013 Christmas tree dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldflounder

Contributor
Reaction score
New Hampshire/Maine seacoast or Lake Winnie
# of dives
200 - 499
So, is anyone planning a dive this year? If not I am considering doing it myself. But instead of a tree [which has turned out to be a major hassle], I am thinking of just sinking a large decorated wreath to keep the tradition alive. Besides, the spectators mostly enjoy the underwater light show anyway. I am thinking I will just hang a bunch of lights on me and do a lot of movement underwater and then walk out of the water in the dark with a big lit wreath around my neck. I sure hate to see our Nubble Lighting dive disappear. The locals look forward to it.

---------- Post added November 17th, 2013 at 09:58 PM ----------

Due to a slight case of insomnia, I have been giving this more thought. A Plan B would be to take my little aluminum 10' flat bottomed jon boat and secure a decorated tree inside it. I would take it around the point in the afternoon so that it was hidden from view. Just before dark I would surface swim out around the point [or get permission to walk over across the island to where my dive gear was stashed]. I would retrieve the boat as dark was setting in and [while underwater] drag it over to the boathouse white mooring ball block and secure it. Then in the dark [a little before the lighting] I would light it up and just leave it there until after people start leaving. If the seas were too rough [as they usually are] I would surface swim it over from around the point.

Last edited:
Would love to go and help out, but I'm out of commission until the end of next summer from a motorcycle accident. Let us know how it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom