Kapalai or Mabul For house snorkeling ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blix

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,

Am booking a holiday and am trying to work out Kapalai or Mabul for best resort snorkelling.

I will be diving as well but my wife only snorkels, I have read good things about Kapalai resort house reef but have also read very good things about Mabul water bungalows (obviously very expensive).

I haven't been able to source much info specifically in regards to the depth of water and suitability for snorkelling!

Any input would be great!

Mabul by a mile.

Kapalai is fine but you will get bored going around in circles around the resort after 1-2 days.

Just noticed that Scuba Junkie actually does 4 off scuba dives on Sipadan days!

Do any of the resorts or scuba companies do this as well ???

I think most do 4 dives. They all try and maximise their time on the island. Scuba junkie is a backpacker style resort though. as in there will be back packers there and a lot of people waft in and out every 3 or so days. In saying that there were a few "long stayers" like me. so you never know.

I loved my time there (10 days) on my own but it was hard to meet new people every few days when all i wanted to do was have a beer with someone and shoot the breeze. the dive school is good as well, most of the instructors I wouldn't hesitate in handing over my beloved if she so choose to do a course.

IMO best house reef snorkeling on Mabul would be Paradise 2 off Borneo Divers' pier.
Note that many Sipadan spots are first class for snorkeling like for instance Hanging gardens, Coral garden or even right off the main boat landing beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom