Nudibranch Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took these with my old point and shoot. The ratio of good images to bad increased dramatically when I finally broke my piggy bank for a DSLR.

Octopus_2.JPG

Hermissenda1.jpg

155707524.jpg

DSCF0142.jpg

Wolfeel.jpg

DSCF0491.jpg

DSCF2624.jpg

HopkinsRose.jpg

Scottbackroll.jpg

Picture069-1.jpg

Picture033-1.jpg

Pseudocerosluteus3small.jpg

From Olympus

"Get even closer - up to 2cm/0.8" away - with Super Macro mode."

I going to have to see if my Oly has "Super Macro"!?
yes and no. When using super macro, I lose the flash. But to keep it in macro, I get the flash, but then the auto focus is really wonky.. many many out of focus photos. sucks when shooting in RAW.. my camera is pretty slow.. and you have to wait for it to write a bad pic before I get to try again.. have yet to get the hang of manual focus. Different settings have lengths. So I can't set, say 1" focal length for macro and have the flash (and thus be able to zoom in).. NOOOO that would be too easy..

and getting really close, no flash, results in almost no light, even opening up the fstop and dropping down the exposure..

Steve_C has shown us that there are more than Sand Tiger sharks off South Carolina's shores. Are your Nudi shots from the wrecks?

Missed this post earlier under the avalanche of nudis. I dive mostly North Carolina.

I have seen warty sea slugs near an inshore wreck on the bottom and on an offshore ledge.

The other two I have seen have been on or near wrecks. Frequently on the bottom near the wreck but sometimes on the wreck.

Puget Sound nudis

My photos don't match the spectacular ones posted, but I haven't seen these pop up here yet.
RostangaPulchra.jpg
Rostanga pulchra
PetlodorisNobilis3.jpg
Petlodoris nobilis
Alabaster10.jpg
Just another diorona.
-Curt

love the last one :)

I took these with my old point and shoot. The ratio of good images to bad increased dramatically when I finally broke my piggy bank for a DSLR.

Octopus_2.JPG

Those are some amazing photos, goes to show that the person behind the camera is more important than the camera itself! Hopefully one day I'll be able to master my P&S like that.

I particularly like that Octopus, where did you find it? (I kind of want to start an "Octopus Lovers" thread.. Anybody interested?)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom