Review: Tilos 1mm Wetsuit (full length)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
Thought I'd share this wetsuit review since I haven't really seen a full review written on this on here yet.

I picked up one of the new Tilos 1mm Wetsuits recently and tried it out at the local quarry. This is a 1mm "full-length wetsuit that is rear zip and the lining has that "silver lining" much like the Henderson Gold Core to hold in heat better.

The main reason I purchased this was for warm water dives that I didn't want the bulk of a heavier suit and also to wear under my Henderson 5mm in cold 50-60 degree quarry dives for extra warmth.

I picked it up for $79.88 from a Scubaboard member shop PhilEllis at Dive Sports.

Here's their URL of it on their site.

Tilos Men's 1MM VelvetLight Jumpsuit
http://www.divesports.com/mall/tilos_ws_menJ1056velvet.asp.

Several other people I know had purchased this suit and really liked it, so for the great price, I figured I'd give it a try.

J1056velvetlitelg.jpg

I've got a Tilos 2mm shortie also and found they run a little small compared to my 2 different Henderson wetsuits and require a slightly larger size. But the TILOS sizing chart is pretty accurate for me in choosing the right size. (FYI for anyone buying one to take a look at the size chart and not just try to order "your size" you wear in everything else).

The 1mm suit was easy to put on and very comfortable to use during the dive. The "silver lining" really helped hold heat in well for a 1mm. Tilos advertises this lining will keep this suit as warm as a 2-3mm suit. I was skeptical of this, until I tried this suit. My 1st review dive was in 84f degree water and this suit was almost a little warm in it. On the second dive we got into some water around 75f to 76f and didn't get the feeling of being too warm. At no time did it feel "too tight" or uncomfortable to wear.

The reason I mention this is because I was surprised this 1mm suit had the warmth in it that I got during these dives.

One other noteworthy thing to mention is that with it being so thin and stretchy, it "clung" to your body very well during the dive. This minimized water movement which of course adds warmth. Removing the suit after the dive you could really tell how well it stuck to you.

So would I reccomend buying this suit? Yes. For the price it's a great lightweight suit to wear by itself or to supplement another suit for cold water dives.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

After a few years, what can you tell about this wetsuit? I'm about to buy one.

I'll appreciate your comments.
D.

Thought I'd share this wetsuit review since I haven't really seen a full review written on this on here yet.

I picked up one of the new Tilos 1mm Wetsuits recently and tried it out at the local quarry. This is a 1mm "full-length wetsuit that is rear zip and the lining has that "silver lining" much like the Henderson Gold Core to hold in heat better.

The main reason I purchased this was for warm water dives that I didn't want the bulk of a heavier suit and also to wear under my Henderson 5mm in cold 50-60 degree quarry dives for extra warmth.

I picked it up for $79.88 from a Scubaboard member shop PhilEllis at Dive Sports.

Here's their URL of it on their site.

Tilos Men's 1MM VelvetLight Jumpsuit
http://www.divesports.com/mall/tilos_ws_menJ1056velvet.asp.

Several other people I know had purchased this suit and really liked it, so for the great price, I figured I'd give it a try.

J1056velvetlitelg.jpg

I've got a Tilos 2mm shortie also and found they run a little small compared to my 2 different Henderson wetsuits and require a slightly larger size. But the TILOS sizing chart is pretty accurate for me in choosing the right size. (FYI for anyone buying one to take a look at the size chart and not just try to order "your size" you wear in everything else).

The 1mm suit was easy to put on and very comfortable to use during the dive. The "silver lining" really helped hold heat in well for a 1mm. Tilos advertises this lining will keep this suit as warm as a 2-3mm suit. I was skeptical of this, until I tried this suit. My 1st review dive was in 84f degree water and this suit was almost a little warm in it. On the second dive we got into some water around 75f to 76f and didn't get the feeling of being too warm. At no time did it feel "too tight" or uncomfortable to wear.

The reason I mention this is because I was surprised this 1mm suit had the warmth in it that I got during these dives.

One other noteworthy thing to mention is that with it being so thin and stretchy, it "clung" to your body very well during the dive. This minimized water movement which of course adds warmth. Removing the suit after the dive you could really tell how well it stuck to you.

So would I reccomend buying this suit? Yes. For the price it's a great lightweight suit to wear by itself or to supplement another suit for cold water dives.

-Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom