21 Reasons to Buy a SANTI Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's how it was explained to me when I ordered mine, and was worried about measurements.
I've always been curious about the cave cut thing?

Is it cut to be as slim of a fit as possible, using the undergarment that the diver wears for the typical cave water temperatures? The few pictures that I have seen of divers wearing cave cut suits, didn't look like they would have room for much more that a fairly thin undergarment. It would be cool to do, if I always dove in the same temperature range.

That's what I have always thought. They certainly look good, with a custom tailored fit.
It would be good to have something like that for a second suit, I guess......Or just having a slimmer cut suit for the warmer months.

For me, I need the suit to accommodate a few different undergarments; so it will be a little bit baggier in the summer with just a base layer, and the Santi summer undergarment.

I can see doing it, if I were to get a second suit, but not as my only suit.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Mitch

I hate to burst your bubble, but, most manufacturers have most of those options.

My Bare has 1(well, sort of, made in Canada, and I am Canadian), 4, 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, and 19.

I am certain that most dry suit manufacturers have comparable features.

However, some features do intrigue me. They include: 2, 3, 5, 9, and 17.

Hi swimmwer_spe

No worries and thank you for your feedback. We are aware that some manufacturers have a lot of these options although some do charge extra for them and/or the construction and quality of material will vary. When you see our suits in person its easy to compare.

If your interested in trying out a suit, get a hold of the Canadian Distributor (Michael Gerhartz), he has a nice size demo fleet.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Safe Diving and Stay Dry!

---------- Post added November 20th, 2013 at 08:06 PM ----------

Hi Mitch,

For each measurement provided, SANTI adds an additional tolerance to accommodate the undersuit. For example SANTI might add an additional 8-10cm to a bicep measurement (8cm for slim and 9cm for regular fit).

I couldn't agree more, I dive the SANTI E.Lite Drysuit in water temperatures ranging from 35degrees - 84 degrees. The suit needs to be able to accommodate a 400gram undersuit and heated vest to something as thin as just a base layer and vest. In a perfect world, I would own 2 drysuits, 1 for cold water and 1 for warm water.

Cheers,

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom