I think WetSuits are Safer and Better than Dry suits for the vast majority of divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trust me when I say this, I'm not the poster child for DIR anything. My transplate harness and smoking habit kinda rules that out.

I really just want to dive with you now.......to see if you are as closed minded in person as you are on the internet. :wink:

He probably wouldn't dive anyways with you/me/or anyone else in this thread by the way he's talking. He does have pretty intense qualifications of those he can dive with. I have never met Dan in person before but just from reading these rants over the past 18 pages I can almost pretty sure I would not qualify to be his buddy....but then again I probably wouldn't want such a self centered person as a buddy anyways.

Question: Do 12 ounce curls count as a workout? If so I'm completely in shape. :wink:

He probably wouldn't dive anyways with you/me/or anyone else in this thread by the way he's talking. He does have pretty intense qualifications of those he can dive with. I have never met Dan in person before but just from reading these rants over the past 18 pages I can almost pretty sure I would not qualify to be his buddy....but then again I probably wouldn't want such a self centered person as a buddy anyways.

Question: Do 12 ounce curls count as a workout? If so I'm completely in shape. :wink:

NOOOO..... I will dive with pretty much anyone on SB....on a "fun dive" of the 60 to 80 foot deep range...and I will buddy with them.....Just not when my video is more of the "work" variety :)
This goes to what I explained earlier as what the mission was....if I am on a real filming mission, I have to be very picky about who I buddy with....But if I am just doing a Fun Dive, I will do this with almost anyone.

NOOOO..... I will dive with pretty much anyone on SB....on a "fun dive" of the 60 to 80 foot deep range...and I will buddy with them.....Just not when my video is more of the "work" variety :)
This goes to what I explained earlier as what the mission was....if I am on a real filming mission, I have to be very picky about who I buddy with....But if I am just doing a Fun Dive, I will do this with almost anyone.

Even if we wore our drysuits in FL?

Absolutely! And going for another counts as cardio.

I'd take ya up on that boat ride if I wasn't 20+ hrs away...err...I'd have to talk to my talent agent in reference to the second question.

I just hope this thread does not deter a cold water diver to avoid transition to drysuit . I have over 1100 drysuit dives and about 400 wetsuit dives .
I never thought about which is safest as I practiced my drysuit skills in my beginning days to the point is is second nature .
Truth is , diving while cold is dangerous , you make poor decisions and may not react well to adversity .
I love drysuit diving , just remember it is more than pushing buttons on valves , it is a new skill and training is absoultly necesary before attempting diving the way you do in your wetsuit .
What is nicer than coming out of the water on a brisk winters day , doffing your drysuit and having warm fleece on allready .

I just hope this thread does not deter a cold water diver to avoid transition to drysuit . I have over 1100 drysuit dives and about 400 wetsuit dives .
I never thought about which is safest as I practiced my drysuit skills in my beginning days to the point is is second nature .
Truth is , diving while cold is dangerous , you make poor decisions and may not react well to adversity .
I love drysuit diving , just remember it is more than pushing buttons on valves , it is a new skill and training is absoultly necesary before attempting diving the way you do in your wetsuit .
What is nicer than coming out of the water on a brisk winters day , doffing your drysuit and having warm fleece on allready .

You do know that I made this thread ONLY ABOUT Tropical and Semi Tropical diving...at a Recreational level....

Cold water divers should consider this a discussion completely outside of their realm, with little application. Tech and Cave divers would see zero application.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom