The ban hammer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They made Atomic Diver a Moderator??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.......figure it out

They made Atomic Diver a Moderator??

He has all of the qualifications.

---------- Post added November 13th, 2013 at 08:59 PM ----------

Why should I have to tolerate insensitive people making fun of my Av.....when all I wanted was to look good for the moderation staff.....yet this Tim guy starts making advances.....talking about spitting

That bigot should be banned!

I have some really good PM's that I should post.....

---------- Post added November 13th, 2013 at 10:22 PM ----------

bombing-sea-gull.png

I have some really good PM's that I should post.....

---------- Post added November 13th, 2013 at 10:22 PM ----------

So do I. But then again, I still think they're called Private Messages for a reason...

I believe that may be Maxwell''s hammer. Does he know you have it?

Finally, Private messages should remain private unless agreed upon by both parties. I find him ethically challenged at best.

So do I. But then again, I still think they're called Private Messages for a reason...

Perhaps you guys should consider adding your unique interpretation of the sanctity of SB email to the ToS and PM system, because in the real world you do not put in writing to anyone something you wouldn't be comfortable seeing reprinted on the front page of your local paper. Certainly it is unreasonable to expect that kind of privacy absent an acknowledged request for confidentiality and/or a close personal relationship between correspondents. In a dramatic understatement, I'll venture to say that neither of those exceptions apply here.

On a different note:
While Lecter may think that sexism is not bigotry, I and the rest of the staff vehemently disagree. He also thinks that he should be allowed to taunt and harass others. We also disagree.

Our disagreement is not over what named types of behavior are appropriate, whether on SB or elsewhere, but over the specific applications of the scope of that behavior. For example, an earlier quote said in essence "Any content portraying another person in a sexual manner is bigotry and will not be tolerated." At the time I read it, I was left amused and puzzled by the logic gap between sexual and sexist and posted as much. Now, I've come to accept that logic gaps are not a bar to moderator action on SB. My forthcoming short film on the topic will be entitled "Dr. Scubaboard, or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Banhammer"

Perhaps you guys should consider adding your unique interpretation of the sanctity of SB email to the ToS and PM system, because in the real world you do not put in writing to anyone something you wouldn't be comfortable seeing reprinted on the front page of your local paper. Certainly it is unreasonable to expect that kind of privacy absent an acknowledged request for confidentiality and/or a close personal relationship between correspondents. In a dramatic understatement, I'll venture to say that neither of those exceptions apply here.

I'm not concerned about the contents of any of my PM's. At the same time, I do consider that those conversations are private and I will treat them as such. Which is exactly what I meant by my previous statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom