Moderators, Can you let Mr Letterboy back?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
msg.jpg

Yeah, it has changed. It is rapidly becoming a frat club run by posturing egos.

Add me to the permabanned list.

This post won't last long...

Let's have tshirts and signs made up and we can all picket at our local dive spots.

let letterboy in. Let letterboy in... Or some such chant.

Mods,

I respectfully request Letterboy be allowed back to full access to forums.

I think he truly has comments to offer and would appreciate you allowing him access.

Thanks for your consideration.

While your input is appreciated, let me clarify:

It is the individual posters action that caused enforcement to be taken. A ban is typically not the first action taken, but is normally the result of escalating issues and a continued failure of the user to abide by the ToS. When someone can't play well with others, their playground tends to get smaller. If they still don't get the message, they may get kicked off the playground all together.

Each user is solely responsible for their own actions. If LB (or anyone else for that matter) wants access back, then it is their sole responsibility to request it, and provide compelling reason why it should be granted. And I'm certain that LB is aware of the process for doing so.

Please keep in mind that the vast majority of users have very little to no enforcement actions taken against them, aside from a deleted post here or there. Most users also have no idea what led to a partial or total forum ban of another member. Usually at best, they'll see a couple of random posts before we delete the problem, and they'll maybe get the offended party's side (which will likely be skewed to their favor).

Just out of curiosity, how many of you would be willing to put yourself on the line for their behavior? i.e. If they are allowed back in, you're willing to be banned along with them if they continue behavior that's contrary to the ToS? Peer pressure can be a powerful thing. :)

Letterboy?!? :confused: Shouldn't we vote on this first? Do we really want that guy creeping around here?
:joke:
Let the boy out of prison!

The appeal process works. Around the time of the HCT frenzy I was banned for a post in a different thread, that was seen as taunting. When I asked who I was taunting, a reexamination of the post showed that it was not directed at anyone or any of the mods. After a few days my ban was lifted. Went back to the pub to see what I missed, but all I could find was the red team arguing with the blue team with neither able to do much to change anyones' ideaology.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

In the interest of clarifying how this works, the TOS outline the process whereby a member may appeal a moderation or removal of posting privileges: Membership is a privilege and reserve the right to deny service to any person with or without cause or notification. If a member feels they have been unfairly denied service or has received unfair moderation, an appeal may be sent by e-mail to appeals@scubaboard.com. Each appeal will be reviewed by senior moderators who were not previously involved in the issue that led to the appealed suspension or moderation.

Please note that the request must come from the individual member, as it is not a popularity contest. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

Thanks Marg,

But in the event this member makes the request, we just thought the Mods might want to know how the Coliseum feels about it.

1339354424-11th-ancient-superiorum-festival-in-pula_1267591.jpg

Let heem live!

---------- Post added November 13th, 2013 at 08:21 PM ----------

Just out of curiosity, how many of you would be willing to put yourself on the line for their behavior? i.e. If they are allowed back in, you're willing to be banned along with them if they continue behavior that's contrary to the ToS? Peer pressure can be a powerful thing. :)

Ummmmm maybe, but then I have a pretty good idea where he lives...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom