www.divervision.com ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never purchased from them, but having followed this thread and some others elsewhere, they were removed from my "Acceptable Purchase From" list long ago.......never to be reinstated. I work too hard for my money to spend it someplace that I know could really make my life heck.....YMMV

And that does mean "no matter how good the deal is" as well. No deal is worth a transaction from heck IMO.
I've ordered from them numerous times and each time there was no problem. I've bought items up to $500 with quick shipping and no hassles. I'd recommend them without hesitation. A friend just ordered from them and it turned out to be an item that was out of stock and they promptly refunded the money in full.

As I said, YMMV. There are enough stores/sites out there for us all to boycott one or two and everybody will still be happy. I have had good luck with certain stores/sites and am therefore happy to keep frequenting them rather than sending my money to someone whose history makes me nervous. Anything can happen to anybody by anybody. Fact of life. We all make decisions that work out well for us and that bite us in the keister. We do not know which it will be until it happens. Besides, I have a 1.5 yr old so my Scuba and Photography purchase fund is non-existent for a little while :wink:.

Has anyone dealt with DiverVision? They seem to have a nice website and good prices, but I can't find a darn thing about them....

Scott
Scott -

I just had a good experience with this company. I ordered a focus light and as soon as my PayPal accounted had funded I realized I'd ordered the wrong thing. I email them to cancel my order and refund my money - they did so immediately. I'll definitely use this company again - good prices!

Best -
Harvey

I've ordered three times from Divervision and once from Fun-In-Underwater. Service has always been prompt and they've taken care of customs and shipping. Shipping is reasonable, usually about $20 for service in about 3-6 days from Taipei to my house on the west coast. Shipping was less, about $12.00 for a smaller item. I always get what I ordered and I've never had a problem. Generally, the service has been as fast and the shipping nearly as reasonable as I get from US suppliers. Many items are substantially more expensive from Divervision, particularly American made products like Light and Motion. Quality of the Chinese made brands they sell exclusively is decent, but not fabulous and the price is great. I recently bought a Nexus to Sea & Sea Adapter that cost me $140 plus freight and came in 4 days. The only alternative was a Japanese Athena model from US suppliers at over double the price. The quality of the part is excellent, though it came with no instructions. (It did include a Sea & Sea o-ring and a Nexus O-ring) It took me a little fiddling to figure out that the locating mark had to go on the bottom instead of the top, but otherwise no complaints. I bought a couple of 10" double ball strobe arms and lower ball adapter (aluminum rod type)from Fun-In at a total cost of $66 including shipping, to complement a set of used TLC upper arms I picked up on E-Bay. I haven't seen them yet, but I expect they will be adequate and I've been spending so much on camera stuff lately I didn't feel like spending $500 for a set of Ultralights. The whole thing cost well under half of that.
I prefer to buy locally, and I spend plenty at Backscatter on my weekly trips to Monterey, but I have no problem buying from anyone who gives me good service. No need to boycott anyone, if you don't want to buy from them don't, but they have some products that are unique, and I haven't found anywhere elsewhere. When exchange rates were better, they sometimes were 30% cheaper on Japanese housings. I came quite close to buying mine there.

---------- Post added March 4th, 2013 at 11:08 PM ----------

I just got the F.I.T. 10" double ball arms and ball mount bases ($17 each plus shipping) and they're quite decent. The 5x12 allen screws they supplied with the bases weren't long enough to go through the Sea & Sea lanyard adapters and have enough thread, costing me a trip to Orchard Supply -only black oxide metric allens, damn- but otherwise everything works nicely. We'll see how they hold up in use but at one half to one third the price of similar products elsewhere it was hard to pass up.

I've sent them a few emails regarding an order I placed yesterday and no response. Is there another way to contact them?

Don't forget the time difference. I think I recall a direct e-mail contact on their website, but I've never had more than a day between e-mailing and hearing back from them.

I just bought several items from Divervision.com. Great prices! Excellent communication with Sandy at Divervision. Fast Shipping, within 3 days with DHL from Taiwan to Puerto Rico. I had to exchange on item (my mistake, not theirs) and it was easy.

Hi,

Great value for money and superb service. Much cheaper than in Europe and no problems with shipment as via DHL. I am located in China and here all Japanese stuff, e.g. inon is very expensive. So I prefer to by ex China and import by myself.

Kind regards
Alexander

---------- Post added March 4th, 2013 at 11:08 PM ----------

I just got the F.I.T. 10" double ball arms and ball mount bases ($17 each plus shipping) and they're quite decent. The 5x12 allen screws they supplied with the bases weren't long enough to go through the Sea & Sea lanyard adapters and have enough thread, costing me a trip to Orchard Supply -only black oxide metric allens, damn- but otherwise everything works nicely. We'll see how they hold up in use but at one half to one third the price of similar products elsewhere it was hard to pass up.
That is why God made McMaster. Stainless steel for almost all bits, but you might have to buy 10 of them
Bill

If you want sea&sea stuff and are in the U.S. best to get a price match. One of the big name sponsors on here dove right in and matched the diversion price on Ys-D1 strobes. I saved $150 per strobe. I'd say that is significant. A lot of dive gear has a 50-100% markup so there are always deals to be had.

This is not to say haggle for everything! just need to know what you can get a deal on and what you have to pay MSRP. And then there are the things you need la$t min....

Back
Top Bottom