Fusion vs Santi vs DUI

Best drysuit for life

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaERDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I have spent the last few free hours I have had reading all the prior threads on these 3 brands of drysuits. I'm contemplating going dry very soon and need a final push one way or another.

It seems that there are a lot of Fusion folks that really like them in comparison to the DUI suits...mostly for less leaks?
How much of this is determined by the lower cost of the Fusion.

Looks like DUI and Santi are about the same costs but some threads have mentioned Santi seems more durable.

Leaning towards Santi E Lite. But don't want to have buyer's retreat if the Fusion ends up being better and cheaper

Any experiences comparing the three?

I've been wearing a Fusion since they were introduced. Sorry, cannot help you with your comparison. Have yet to have a "wet" dive though.

Leaning towards Santi E Lite. But don't want to have buyer's retreat if the Fusion ends up being better and cheaper

My decision point for the Fusion was the flexible sizing. I was able to go off-the-rack instead of custom which in theory might help resale If I decided I didn't like diving dry.

Santi for me. But I went with the E.motion.

DUI - cave divers/instructors I talked to who owned them complained of leaks and poor customer service in recent years. I feel they have also fallen behind in innovation. I was however told that they have the best cutting if you are going MTM.

Whites - i considered getting this but how it looks on a diver just stopped me from considering much further. It just looks funny to me, compared to DUI & Santi which looks really sharp.

I saw instructional videos on donning / doffing this suit and it looks painful to put on, compared to the Santi I tried on, which was fast and simple.

Just my 2 cents as an inexperienced drysuit buyer/diver.

Have owned all three. Bought a Santi E-lite earlier this year and haven't looked back. In fact, multiple friends have "followed suit" with new purchases as well! I think a lot more of them will be seen around N Fl soon :). To be clear: I am *very* happy with the Santi!!! Also, no problems with T-zip other than user error once or twice. <G>

The one item I would have complained about, was updated/upgraded on my friend's new suit that came out of the factory a month later so I did not even feel the need to provide them feedback. I

My experience with the whites was that is was solid wrt to leaking but the don/doff procedure was so painful (awkward) that I was ready to throw the thing away by the time I got it on. I don't like starting dives THAT frustrated.

If I was going to get another DUI, I would definitely get the flx extreme as everyone I know of who has them is very happy with them.

Last edited:
The main complaint I have heard about the Fusion suits is having the zipper across the chest and the ring around the neck. Those things seem to make things bulky right in front of you. DUI has had some quality issues in the recent past but they are supposedly resolved. Santi makes a good suit but I'm not impressed with the new Tizip zippers. I have a Tizip on one of my suits and it started to delaminate. It's a backup suit and hasn't been in the water much either. I have found laminate suits to also be rather bulky. So between the Fusion and others, the Fusion does fit better everywhere but the chest (because of the zipper) and the other suits, unless custom cut tend to be bulky everywhere else.

Why are you narrowing down to just those three suits? There are some other dry suits out there that I would consider before any of those 3.

Out of those three, I would go Santi. My DUI, while very comfortable, spends a lot of time in repair shop for leaks. The FLX is not as fragile as a TLS, so if going DUI, that would be my choice.

I have tried in the Fusion, and found it comfortable and actually easy to get in an out of. However I would need the Bulllet because I need pockets. What I did not like is the bulkiest up top from the zipper.

Santi just seems to be made very well. A lot of friends are getting them now (Kate), and I have to say the quality is amazing.

I am also seriously considering Fourth Element and Waterproof. After molesting them at DEMA they seem rock solid.

I am also seriously considering Fourth Element and Waterproof. After molesting them at DEMA they seem rock solid.
4th E did look really nice but 2 considerations: 1) not time-tested - only the 2nd year of the suit, 2) made by someone else, 3) Waterproof does not have a MTM suit, though there is lots of available sizing. Those are the 2 considerations :) ..

Santi for me. But I went with the E.motion.

DUI - cave divers/instructors I talked to who owned them complained of leaks and poor customer service in recent years. I feel they have also fallen behind in innovation. I was however told that they have the best cutting if you are going MTM.

Whites - i considered getting this but how it looks on a diver just stopped me from considering much further. It just looks funny to me, compared to DUI & Santi which looks really sharp.

I saw instructional videos on donning / doffing this suit and it looks painful to put on, compared to the Santi I tried on, which was fast and simple.

Just my 2 cents as an inexperienced drysuit buyer/diver.
The fact that they even need a video on donning and doffing tells you something.
i have a Diving Concepts custom trilam suit but if I ever needed a new suit I'd go with the Santi. From what I can tell it looks awesome. I'm really happy with my Diving Concepts right now, though.

The fact that they even need a video on donning and doffing tells you something.
it really only tells you that it's different to don/doff than anything we're accustomed to. I don't think that's a big deal at all. It's different, not difficult.
I owned a fusion. It took some getting used to. It dove better than any suit I've owned or dove to date.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom