Scubapro Sidemount harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knowing the model (and the designer), it can't be any bigger than the Hollis SMS 100 or the Diverite Nomad.

It is.

Knowing the model (and the designer), it can't be any bigger than the Hollis SMS 100 or the Diverite Nomad.

It is longer at the bottom. I wore one for a while today on land. Feels very comfortable. I am diving it tomorrow.

---------- Post added November 11th, 2013 at 09:32 PM ----------

Well I dove it today and love it. I can easily see one of these in my future.

James, I'm very interested in hearing more. Can you provide more detail about your experience?

One can never have too many sidemount rigs.

It is longer at the bottom. I wore one for a while today on land. Feels very comfortable. I am diving it tomorrow.

---------- Post added November 11th, 2013 at 09:32 PM ----------

James, in the Halcyon video the cylinders seem to be very "low", i.e., closer to feet, far below armpits. Could you comfortably reach and feather the valves?

The Halcyon rig was NOT designed by the guy who people are saying designed it. My understanding is his ideas were essentially poached.

For the record, Edd Sorenson was consulted by Hollis in the development of its SMS75, and Edd is currently working with Chris from HOG to get the HOG unit from prototype to production.

I have dived both... some information here>>> New Sidemount Options | Doppler's Tech Diving Blog

---------- Post added November 21st, 2013 at 05:53 PM ----------

By the way, I looked at the scubapro rig on the stand at DEMA. It needs work before it's a serious SM rig, in my opinion.

Hello. No here dive with the Z from UTD? I got the Tek-Cave version and is awesome, so simple. For me UTD and this system is leading the way in side mount and is a very good option. IMHO.

No offense to the owners of a different side mount brand.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385954919.263108.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1385954940.995959.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom