Scubapro Sidemount harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wannabedivebum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ive heard/read of some rumours of a scubapro sidemount rig? Since I am in the market to buy a sidemount set up (jumping on the band wagon) Im wondering if any of those who are at dema this year saw anything at the scubapro booth? I know HOG released a new one but Its hard to find information on these new rigs.

I did not bother lookin at the Scuba Pro rig, but keep in mind the Hog is a prototype still.

At first glance the halcyon one is ugly as hell, blocky and chunky but after watching that youtube video it doesnt look half bad. Too bad I cant afford the H tax, thing is twice the proposed price of the HOG rig...Ill probably just wait it out and see what comes on the market in the next few months

1009500_10151777493206225_2000547202_o.jpg

Not great picture but it does show Scubapro's SM rig. Looks different that's for sure.

Wayne Fisch posted this image of the SP SM rig on Facebook.

One person thought it looked like a parachute.

Yah that does look weird, but if it performs well who cares I guess, will be interesting to hear the reviews and see videos of it in action.

ScubaPro did jump into the fray, did not look all that impressive. Also not awed by the Hog rig. Halcyon Contour is a true sidemount rig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56O4t3qwYG8

Have you seen a Contour in person? It is very large and bulky. Not what I consider a "true" sidemount rig.

Have you seen a Contour in person? It is very large and bulky. Not what I consider a "true" sidemount rig.

Knowing the model (and the designer), it can't be any bigger than the Hollis SMS 100 or the Diverite Nomad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom