Kauai diving: any good?.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be on there on vacation this December, and hopefully spend a day or two diving, which dive outfits do y'all recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Aloha!

We like Bubbles Below, but most of the ops on Kauai are fine. It's a small community and they do a good job of "policing" themselves. Kauai dives are fun and easy.

And whilst you are there, you might consider listening to the late, great IZ (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole): his CD, "Facing Future" is a delightful classic. It'll definitely put you in a Hawaiian mood.

joewr

Aloha!

We like Bubbles Below, but most of the ops on Kauai are fine. It's a small community and they do a good job of "policing" themselves. Kauai dives are fun and easy.

And whilst you are there, you might consider listening to the late, great IZ (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole): his CD, "Facing Future" is a delightful classic. It'll definitely put you in a Hawaiian mood.

joewr

Ok, does anybody know anything about Blue Dolphin charters? I just found out that we can get a discount for them if we buy tickets from them on base.

Ok, does anybody know anything about Blue Dolphin charters? I just found out that we can get a discount for them if we buy tickets from them on base.

Anybody?

Blue Dolphin Charters run out of the harbor at Port Allen in Eleele. They run a very similar trip to the others as far as the catamaran trips go. They are a great operation for going to the Napali coast for snorkel trips when the ocean allows and summer trips to Niihau. The trip they offer in terms of scuba are limited and are conducted at sites that cater primarily to snorkelers. The dives are done essentially as Discover Scuba/Introductory dives on shallow reefs typically with turtles in the winter months. If you are looking to save a little money it may be worth considering the shore dive offered at Koloa Landing. It has amazing life and typically great vis in a private setting with a DM.

Good luck planning your trip. Hope it's coming soon

I just got my OW cert with Derek of Kauai Down Under. He's a seriously good guide & instructor. I couldn't have had a better experience there at Koloa Landing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom