How long until your C-card arrived?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

button

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My checkout dives were completed on the last weekend of September and I am STILL waiting on my c-card. PADI's website also doesn't have my OW cert showing up in the replacement card search database (although it shows my DSD from May of this year).

I'll be bugging the shop about it this week. I do have my temporary card, but I want my real one! I'm also doing my AOW dives this weekend.

How long did it take you to receive your card?

Depends on the shop and the agency. When I submit cards to SEI it can take as long as ten days if there's a holiday that week. SDI/TDI cards take about four days. When I was getting PADI cards the shop would not do individual certs if he could help it. He'd wait to to get a discount on quantities. But there were also times PADI screwed up and lost cards, sent them to the wrong place, and even sent duplicates. There is no excuse for taking longer than two weeks today.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

PADI Certifications that I have been submitting this year (PIC Online) have been coming back in about 7 days, 10 days at the most. If they are still using paper PIC's then I have no idea how long it takes. Did they have the card shipped to you or to the shop? It may be sitting at the shop.

she said it doesn't show up on padi's website search so sounds like padi may not even have the info.... definately ask the shop what's the deal

The instructor is supposed to submit the certification within 7 days of class completion (there is no good reason to wait that long, I submit mine within hours of finishing the class). If the certifications are submitted online then you should receive the card in 7-10 days and your certification should show up in the online database almost immediately. I would expect it to take a little longer if paper PICs are used but definitely shouldn't take over a month (I also can't think of a good reason for a shop in the US to use paper instead of online PICs). I would call the shop and ask them the status of your certification and let them know that you intend to send an email to qm@padi.com to try and track down your card. If they don't give you an acceptable response then send the e-mail and I'm sure everything will get straightened out.

You can also try calling PADI (the following is from their website).

Waiting for your certification card to arrive?
You can typically expect your certification card to arrive just a couple of weeks from the time your dive center or resort submits the paperwork. If you’ve been waiting for more than a month, contact the PADI Customer Service Department at 800 729 7234 (US and Canada), +1 949 858 7234, ext. 2430 or your local dive shop or resort.

It has varied a lot for the courses I've done. A couple of times it took so long I called and they sent the cards again. The first cards then arrived after the second ones... Anybody want to buy a card? As mentioned, call PADI-- at least they have always been able to look up things and tell me stuff. Our shop gives the option of having the card sent to them or to the student's home, which is nice is you live a distance from the shop.

Recently it took over 2 months for mine to arrive and even be in the system. Instructor is a very busy person.

Thanks everyone... I was pretty sure that it shouldn't be taking this long! I'm wondering if maybe there is a hold up because we completed the paperwork wrong. Our instructor for the checkout dives was different than our classroom & pool instructor, so some stuff got crossed through and changed.

I'm sure everything was submitted with paper instead of electronically... our instructor is a bit... shall we say - technologically challenged. They haven't updated their website or Facebook page in months.

They also certified a ton of divers that weekend... around 30, I think. I'm wondering if some of it didn't get screwed up. They were sending the cards directly to us.

My husband is stopping at the shop tomorrow anyway, I will get him to ask about our cards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom