the rules, how not to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't worry about measuring the gas in your tank. It was filled by a professional, so how far off can it be?
And on that topic, no need to test it for co or o2 contents either - as it was that professional that filled it i mean..

Descend as quickly as possible as far as possible. Do not wait for other divers - that is only taking up your dive time. Be sure to hide from other divers as soon as they get in the water. If you can see their bubbles it does not mean they need to be able to see yours. When they find you and spoil your hiding game, grab a sea snake and prod a puffer fish while they attempt to grab your gauges. Its not their business that you only have 5 bar of air left. They understood your plan to use up all your air whilst hiding because you had already planned your dive which included a surface swim around the island to find the boat on your own. Do this every dive.

0izx9025m9.jpg

Last edited:
Put on your 32lb weight belt, then your BC, being sure to latch the BC belt over the top of the weight belt. Don't bother to check your air by breathing through the regulator, it worked the last time. Don't waste air with a partial inflation and squeeze of the bladder, it worked fine the last time even though you jerked the relief valve cap off on the tank holder getting up and out as quickly as you can. Be sure to have the mask up on your forehead before you approach the rail. And by all means, refuse all helping hands on the way to entry, you can do it all by yourself. Don't focus on the entry, a belly flop looks cool even if the tank valve smaks you in the back of the head. Damn that's cold, I think I forgot to zip up the back of my wetsuit!

Think of your BCD like an elevator. Hold down the exhaust button when you want to descend and when you're ready to surface hit the inflate and up you go!

You want to dive, but you have a cold? Sure. Never been to the site, but your buddy has? Don't listen to him. He is not as highly qualified as you.If you run out, just use yoru buddy's. Thats why he is there.Everybody gets hypothermia at least once.Maintenance of equipment, why?Dive alone. It's quieter that way.

First you need to complete your training on the snorkel simulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom