I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand that the IRS likes you to report income but what licence do you need to sell ammo?

State license for resale depending upon state.

BATF is the boogeyman for all things firearms related.

I do not believe there is a Federal requirement for resale.

But, any agency which declares a shoestring or a rubber band an NFA item...

State license for resale depending upon state.

BATF is the boogeyman for all things firearms related.

I do not believe there is a Federal requirement for resale.

But, any agency which declares a shoestring or a rubber band an NFA item...

That's what I thought. So long as you report the income the Feds don't care. I'm sure some states regulated ammo sales.

Al, I didn't know you got the new sleaker u armored, blacked out ford focus...
tynyre3u.jpg

I understand that the IRS likes you to report income but what licence do you need to sell ammo?

When it becomes apparent it's being bought/sold for profit you can damn well believe the IRS and BATFE will become interested.

When it becomes apparent it's being bought/sold for profit you can damn well believe the IRS and BATFE will become interested.

Under what laws? Most hardware stores in our area sell ammo and I don't know of any federal license they need. If you know of the federal laws regulating ammunition sales I'd be interested.

Deleted.

---------- Post added October 25th, 2013 at 11:22 PM ----------

They're awesome. What I want more than anything is

MI26496_HR.jpg

and one of these

Colt-Peacemaker-1a+(10).jpg
The first is a Colt's Dragoon, designed before the War Between the States. The second one is a Colt Peacemaker, introduced in 1873.

That's what I thought. So long as you report the income the Feds don't care. I'm sure some states regulated ammo sales.

Under what laws? Most hardware stores in our area sell ammo and I don't know of any federal license they need. If you know of the federal laws regulating ammunition sales I'd be interested.

Don't care? Hardly. The minute they feel like making a headline, your ass could be in a sling whether you were doing something illegal or not. And they don't need any law. They can make something up on a whim.

---------- Post added October 26th, 2013 at 05:29 AM ----------

Deleted.

---------- Post added October 25th, 2013 at 11:22 PM ----------

The first is a Colt's Dragoon, designed before the War Between the States. The second one is a Colt Peacemaker, introduced in 1873.

The first one is actually a Walker Colt. Which is just a "big" version of the dragoon. But since you mention it, I'd like one of each. :thumb:

---------- Post added October 26th, 2013 at 05:34 AM ----------

The motivation behind this thread and the "Walker Colt" and the "Peacemaker" was me sitting on my ass (which I do very well) and watching True Grit. The new one. I had a flashback to when I was a kid, watching John Wayne pull his gun. I wanted one of those guns instantly.

Funny thing also, when I was young, anything that looked different from a colt 6 shooter was not a "real gun" to me. Not even the fancy semi autos I love now.

If the Feds decide to care, which is arbitrary, the subject of the caring will be in a world of paper.

Even if they did nothing wrong.

Remember, this agency declared a shoestring a NFA item.

If you are not aware of some of the many issues surrounding BATF do a search.

Don't care? Hardly. The minute they feel like making a headline, your ass could be in a sling whether you were doing something illegal or not. And they don't need any law. They can make something up on a whim.

---------- Post added October 26th, 2013 at 05:29 AM ----------

The first one is actually a Walker Colt. Which is just a "big" version of the dragoon. But since you mention it, I'd like one of each. :thumb:

---------- Post added October 26th, 2013 at 05:34 AM ----------

The motivation behind this thread and the "Walker Colt" and the "Peacemaker" was me sitting on my ass (which I do very well) and watching True Grit. The new one. I had a flashback to when I was a kid, watching John Wayne pull his gun. I wanted one of those guns instantly.

Funny thing also, when I was young, anything that looked different from a colt 6 shooter was not a "real gun" to me. Not even the fancy semi autos I love now.

I want his, because my new Navy Colt runs out of ammo after just 6 shots, and unlike his, mine requires extensive cleaning after just one shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom