In 2013 are you using a tech computer (as a computer) or BT for your tech diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm assuming you meant 30/70, though I imagine the curve for 70/30 would be pretty amusing.

... good assumption...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

---------- Post added October 23rd, 2013 at 04:15 AM ----------

I've even dove off GI3's boat a couple years ago and seen a dive computer floating around.

... did someone toss it overboard?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I dive with 2 Shearwater's in computer mode. When doing OW (wreck) deco dives, I cut tables using V-planner that I use as reference. For cave dives I'm all computer as I trust the devices and they allow for some changes to the plan on the fly (any possible alternatives have been pre-reviewed with my buddy).

Jeff

Planned on cut tables including bailout, lost gas, etc...computer and bottom timer. I dive the tables cut for the dive, then plan on adding extra time at last stop if, for some reason, the computer isn't clear (this has never happened -- computer has always been clear 1-2min before the plan).

Ratio Deco w/ Xen
X1 loaded with VPM @ +4

The most conservative schedule wins

All the best, James

Fairly new to tec but I use a X1 and dive by my runtime, I use vplanner for tables and use them and bt if the CPU fails. Looking to pick up a Petrel in the near future for backup, it's a little less than a 2nd x1 and seems to be a damn fine CPU!! Can't go wrong with either one IMO.

Shearwater Petrel as main and Suunto Vyper in gauge mode as backup/BT. Waiting for my Xdeep Black BT to replace the Vyper.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

Multi-deco, run tables, back it all up with 2x Petrel. I don't put the Petrels in gauge-mode though because I am willing to consider making an emergency exit following the computer/GF99 mode in the event of an unspecified underwater injury.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom