Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video from Sunday... Teaching my daughter to scuba dive. Vis was not great today.

[video=youtube;NmeQmWZ_tzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmeQmWZ_tzY&feature=share&list=UU1utDku8vJ RJYgBZImLyLJQ[/video]

Dumpster, I don't mean to be harsh, but was there any animal you came across that you didn't harass? Is that what you really want to teach your daughter to do? I really enjoy watching critters do what they do without my input and just leave them alone.

Nice video, other than that, though.

Dumpster, I don't mean to be harsh, but was there any animal you came across that you didn't harass? Is that what you really want to teach your daughter to do? I really enjoy watching critters do what they do without my input and just leave them alone.

I'm of the opinion that we can better learn about our environment by touching and experimenting with it. I used to kill hundreds of thousands of fish a year as a biologist, so it is hard for me to get worked up over a little gentle interaction with an eel or a big snail. I know that some people will find the video not PC..

Thanks for your comments.

Don't waste your breath or typing skills. That video was minor compared to the disrespect he shows from separating mating sidegills to squeezing the rarely seen Umbraculum & chasing stargazers over & over again making them leap until they look exhausted. Some curiosity is common but his way of learning borders harassment but what is worse is teaching his children to do the same. Hopefully they are more sensitive human beings than their father. On the otherhand his skills as an instructor from what I have seen on the also rarely watched videos show a patience with his kids & they in turn look like they are going to be at least good divers.

Don't waste your breath or typing skills. That video was minor compared to the disrespect he shows from separating mating sidegills to squeezing the rarely seen Umbraculum & chasing stargazers over & over again making them leap until they look exhausted. Some curiosity is common but his way of learning borders harassment but what is worse is teaching his children to do the same. Hopefully they are more sensitive human beings than their father. On the otherhand his skills as an instructor from what I have seen on the also rarely watched videos show a patience with his kids & they in turn look like they are going to be at least good divers.

I don't even know what that is, but if you say I have video of squeezing it, I guess I will trust your recollection.

As for the Stargazer..I figure the species still owes me.. I got a terrific electrical shock in the jaw from one years ago that really sorta stunned me. I guess I carelessly sat on it when kneeling in the sand.
coffee.gif

I've gotta hand it to you, somebody always bites when you troll.

But it poses a question. What if you posted videos and nobody ever even looked at them? How long before you get tired of just shooting them off into cyberspace with no reinforcement or feedback?

If you bother folks so much, why do they empower you by paying attention or even acknowledging you posted? It seems apparent that you seek the notoriety.

An interesting stage is set for a social experiment....I wonder if the members on this thread have the discipline to not click or comment on your next few months' videos?

Last edited:
I've gotta hand it to you, somebody always bites when you troll.

But it poses the question. What if you posted videos and nobody ever even looked at them? How long before you get tired of just shooting them off into cyberspace with no reinforcement or feedback?

If you bother folks so much, why do they empower you by paying attention or even acknowledging you posted? It seems apparent that you seek the notoriety.

An interesting stage is set for a social experiment....I wonder if the members on this thread have the discipline to not click or comment on your next few months' videos?

I will probably still shoot the video of her training because she likes it and it is an excellent way to provide feedback. For example, I don't think I ever told her to try to put her elbows through the BC, before flipping the tank over her head, but after the lesson, the video and review, I think she knows it and will probably remember. Not the smoothest demo of skills, but it is only the third time she has worn a tank and had no lessons in a pool for scuba.

FYI: the interaction with a puffer "fell to the cutting room floor" because I didn't want "to hear it"..

Jim, you going up today? Plans changed.. I have time to play..

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom