The ceiling is the limit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ASert

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all i would like to introduce myself. My name is andrew i live in New Jersey. i have always wanted to dive unfortunately i did it twenty two years to late :( I'm new to the sport trying to learn as much as i can, I'm sure ill ask plenty of dumb questions so bear with me. The only thing holding me back now is dives, and winter ( i hate the cold )

Welcome! Too late for what? There is no time like the present!

I just was certified last year in March at 53.

Do I wish I would have done it sooner? Absolutely! Too late? No way!

Welcome!

...stop now while you still have a checking account with money in it.. :)

Seriously, though, we try really hard to have a supportive community here. And even a bad dive has left me with a smile!

All the best, James

:Dim just glad to find out im not alone

I feel the same way. SCUBA has been a lifelong dream and I never even looked at classes because I just presumed it was like getting a pilot's license ($$$$ + LOTS of time). I was kind of mad when I found out how little it cost to get certified. I can see that actual SCUBA diving is going to be where the cost is, but for now, I'm completely obsessed.

-Fishgeek

Asert

Welcome to the board. Being a former NJ resident and a frequent visitor to the state I know there are tons of diving opportunities for you and shops to get the training you need at. You are also a short drive from a great training facility called Dutch springs which is open through the end of November. Last weekend at depth (60') I was still registering in the 60's for temp. I would ask your local shops if they offer a drysuit introduction course during your open water certification. This will allow you to dive dry and be warm.

As others said there is no time like the present to get started. The colder weather brings clearer water and new adventures. Good luck and welcome to this great sport / hobby.

Back
Top Bottom