2013 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Targeting Rule (as it is currently enforced) is stupid in a full contact sport like football.

You talking about that call in the SC/Tenn game? That was a BS call, the receiver was lowering his head causing the Safety to give a glancing blow to the head. Why can't that also be called on the Offense? I have often wondered why a running back can have his hands all up in a DB's grill pulling the face mask but it is a penalty the other way. Should be both ways.

Nah, I'm talking about the UF/MO game. Very first play, MO throws a pass, receiver jumps high in the air to catch, safety runs up to tackle/push him out of bounds, receive on the way now hits his face mask on part of safety's helmet (not lowered.) They throw safety out for targeting.

It's gonna be a 'fan maturing' year for us Gators.

---------- Post added October 19th, 2013 at 03:59 PM ----------

What is going on in the SEC?

---------- Post added October 19th, 2013 at 05:16 PM ----------

Watching a couple of games and checking the scores (W/L) I feel like I'm in SEC Bizarro-world.

You talking about that call in the SC/Tenn game? That was a BS call, the receiver was lowering his head causing the Safety to give a glancing blow to the head. Why can't that also be called on the Offense? I have often wondered why a running back can have his hands all up in a DB's grill pulling the face mask but it is a penalty the other way. Should be both ways.
The Safety lowered and led with the crown of HIS helmet on a receiver in the air. The receiver can't stop gravity from doing it's thing. Totally agree about the facemask/stiffarm double standard.

It was an incredible weekend of top 25 upsets. I just wish my Gators could have added to that list. After Solomon Patton returned the kickoff for a touchdown I was sure we were going to be a second-half team. Nope.

It was an incredible weekend of top 25 upsets. I just wish my Gators could have added to that list. After Solomon Patton returned the kickoff for a touchdown I was sure we were going to be a second-half team. Nope.

Just watching all those SEC teams beat hell out of each other planted a crystal clear seed in my mind: Oregon will play FSU for the title.

We'll see I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom