Diving Deutschland!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:)
Sind sie alle neu hier?
Nur fragen wirkt.
Drucken sie report post und fragen sie ess
In enlish works best :)

Hey ladies & guys,

I might want to join on your discussion and support the idea for a sub- forum for Germany.

While I never dove in Germany, I know a number of places in Belgium, Luxemburg and the Netherlands (und spreche natürlich auch deutsch)
In all of those countries you can also find an active divecommunity.

So let's check out if we get enough supporters for this idea.

MfG

Question, has anyone dove anywhere in Germany where there are vehicle's or other WWII equipment visible? I have heard many stories of the vehicles and equipment being sunk in lakes to get rid of the stuff after the war but have not been able to find any locations. I would really love to dive into some history here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

[...]

We're planning to go to Monte Mare in Reinbach this upcoming sunday to work on our drysuit weighting and bouayancy before his drysuit check-out dive next week.

Did you go to Monte Mare? And if yes, how did you like it? I read some bad reviews about that place. I was looking into trying one of the indoor places (thought about dive4life), but I caught a cold, and my buddy who I wanted to go with is getting surgery soon so can't dive for six weeks.

On the one hand, they have a nice clean facility with plenty of clear warm water to play in. On the other hand. On the other hand, they are a two and a half out drive for us and would not let my friend dive because he did not have a physician sign his medical waiver. We didn't think it was required because he answers "no" to all the questions and according to the form a physician is only required if you have a "yes" to one of the listed conditions. Well, they said it was their "house rule" and they would not let him dive. So, for a small fee they would let him stand pool side and assist me for a short dive while I worked outa few things, but we left early on account of having to pay more to stay longer.

This was my second trip to Monte Mare, one positive, one negative. I will probably not return for some time, but the drive has quite a bit to do with that as well.

If you live close, it could be a good time. Make sure you bring an extra pad lock, especially if you have a lot of gear.

Yeah, the medical waiver. I'm actually "working" on mine, as I just moved back to Germany. Have an appointment for cardiogram in two weeks.

And no, I don't live close, rather far away, but there aren't that many options. Still, I'd be more interested in dive4life than MM I guess, and as they are in the same area distance would be about the same.

Yup. I'd never heard of that until arriving here, and even then the only real problem I have is that it says on the form they're using that you only need a physician to sign if your answer yes. Also, even that does not accomplish anything. My physician didn't know a thing about diving and told me he wouldn't sign it until I told him I had been diving, and then he signed it and left.

In other words, I'm not putting much stock in that thing at all. It's a CYA lawyered up kind if thing.

Well, it has something to do with insurances as well. They might refuse to pay if something caused the problem that should have been tested but wasn't. But some also argue that it should be in your own interest that you are fit to dive, because it's your health and your life. There is a standard set for what is tested in the medical examination, and then it's basically up to the doc what he is testing and what not. My first medical exam included hearing test and lung function, but no cardiogram. This time, doc (different one) said as I am apparently taking this hobby a bit more serious, he'd like to do the full examination at least once, as a baseline.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom