Harrison "Bugs" Murray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

May you find the strength in the Lord Pete. I share your grief.

Know that all the love and support from you SB family and friends will also surround you in this terrible time.

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. Your thoughts and care mean a lot to Elena and myself. Services for Bugs should be held this Tuesday night at the Journey Christian Church at 1965 South Orange Blossom Trail Apopka, FL 32703. That's the tentative plan but we really won't know anything until Monday am. The Medical Examiner still has the body but have completed their autopsy. No results for the cause of death as of yet and it may be a couple of months before we know. It's my best guess that he simply tripped in the bathroom and hit his head on the bath tub. Life is precious. Life is fragile. Please don't take your loved ones for granted. Please don't take your own life for granted either.

If you have any pictures or anecdotes of Bugs, please don't hesitate to send them my way. My favorite will always be him as a toddler just learning to speak, sitting on Bobby Bowden's lap pumping his little fist in the air and saying "Go Gators!" Even Bobby had a good laugh at that. He will always be my Bugs, my partner in grime. Farewell once more, my son.

Pete,

If you are so inclined, would you share how your son earned the moniker "Bugs"? I suspect they are a good story behind it along with your father/son ventures.

Bugs was nicknamed after the illustrious Bunny. He was quick to play tricks on just about everyone, including myself. He was an escape artist as an infant and I was always chasing him, so in a way I was his Elmer. We both shared humor at virtually everyone else's expense, especially Dan aka Moose here on ScubaBoard. It was even funnier if they never got the joke. He helped me with so many of my projects through the years, but only because he loved his dad. He could care less about the projects themselves. I was his biggest fan just as he was mine.

Pete after reading this I picked up my 18month old son and with tears in my eyes he looked at me and said daddy I gave him a big hug and what you said stuck I will always appreciate him and give him every ounce of my love... I feel so bad for your family even though we have never met you have taught me a lesson. .. I will never forget

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Pete and Elena

i've been through a lot in 23 years as a firefighter and occasional recovery diver. I have three kids and four grand kids, and I'd give my life in a second for any of them. Although we've never met in person, your posts tear me up. We don't share a common faith, but I hope, from the bottom of my heart, that your family gets through this and survives.

Kirk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom