Diving Deutschland!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_turkey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Why do we not have a Germany thread started here? Are there enough of us here to even hold a discussion of geographical relevance? I've had some great experiences with some of our local dive shops, but would really like to expand my knowledge of the area. There are also some great sites a small road trip away in Luxembourg or Switzerland.

Let's talk more!

I dive year round in Germany and I can only second that.

The problem here might actually be that there is an other very big, well-known and frequently used website + forums for the german diving community (+ Austia & Switzerland) and nobody from there keeps ever stopping by here. It happens rarely that I stumble over a german diver here ... unfortunately, ´cause I full-heartedly (is that even a word?) dislike the mentioned website and its often seemingly narrow-minded community.

Are you actually claiming an own forum section on scuba board for Germany? ^_^ Or is it just that you started this thread to share your expieriences. If so .. just go on ...

I figured we'd start with just this thread so we can all sort of check in to the same place and see what's going on. I suppose if the thread becomes popular enough we can ask one of the Mods to build us a forum and we can then organize our conversations a little better. For now, I think this is a good start.

I plan to dive year round while I'm here. I'm not sure how happy my dive buddy or wife are with that idea. My buddy just came from the tropics and wasn't thilled this last weekend when we were diving Untergrombach. Apparently low visibility and 12 degree water wasn't much fun for him.

We're planning to go to Monte Mare in Reinbach this upcoming sunday to work on our drysuit weighting and bouayancy before his drysuit check-out dive next week.

I'm with you guys, too.

@Kokeldil: I agree with your description of taucher.net... Anyway, I'm diving all year round, as long as the water stays liquid. But I've also done it after cutting a whole :) But I've never done one of these indoor pools yet.

@ludwigsv: Untergrombach may not be the best lake around here, but it's not the worst either. It really depends on the time of year, as well as on wind and rain. I'm really only ever using wet suits July to September.

I'd say its the most boring lake around here. Even if visibility is good, you see only mud.

Try Brecht, St. Leon or Büchenau :)

Dove Brecht already, good vis! Walked to Büchenau after Untergrombach, but my buddy was done and didn't want to dive again. So this weekend is Monte Mare, next weekend will probably be Büchenau.

I dive mostly in MurnerSEE, just because it is close. I really love kulkwitzetsee and lubejon ( both bear Leipzig). They both have so many fish. I didn't know about fresh water jelly
Fish until I dove in Lubejon. I am not a professional diver or a great diver but I just love to dive. Feel free to contact. American in Bavaria.

Very nice! We're supposed to be diving Walchensee in March. I can't wait!

This thread must appear quite weird to other scubaboarders ... Germans amongst themselves chew the fat ... in english.
Anyway, the dive sites mentioned above I´ve only heard about so far. I am living in the far north-east of Germany, it´s that far north and east that some may claim it´s Poland or Sweden :wink:
Usually people around here go diving in the Feldberg Lake District, very clear water due to the fact it´s a preserve area. If the wind gods are kind there´s also the Baltic Sea, although I´ve got to admit that depths of 12 feet on average (only counting in shore dives) don´t make people happy for a long time. Löbejün and Kulkwitz must be outstanding places though from what I hear but far away ... doable on the good old german "Autobahn"... but still a 4 hours ride from where I am.

Ah, you arer way up there. Most of the sites I'll talk about are in the Mannheim area, and Walchensee is far south on the Austrian border. Lobejun and Kulkwitz are a long ways away for me, living in the greater Kaiserslautern area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom