Video - Lobos from above and below

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, yeah, yeah scuba diving... but the bunny at the end! That was cool! :)

You have some catching up to do... there's a couple more videos out there with bunnies. :p

It's how Gombessa gets us all to watch the video to the end . . . we want to know what the bunny is doing!

It's how Gombessa gets us all to watch the video to the end . . . we want to know what the bunny is doing!

Which reminds me, I need to get new bunny footage. Rodney has been a bit more shy and reclusive since Blueberry passed. It may be time to get him a new friend.

Amazing that you can get such good aerial footage with that little helicopter. My husband would love one of those. I assume the camera is include free of charge?

Amazing that you can get such good aerial footage with that little helicopter. My husband would love one of those. I assume the camera is include free of charge?

Think of the quadcopter hobby as scuba. Everything costs a bundle, and there's no such thing as free :)

uMsZqVE.jpg

It's actually the same GoPro Hero 3 that I used for the dive video. There are a couple of copters that come with cameras built in for video and real-time first-person flying, but most things are a la carte.

That is the nature of R/C, and why I quit doing it. My last one involved not just a lot of money, but about 9 months of working on it every evening for several hours. I tried to get one too many flights out of the battery pack one day, and ended up carrying the pieces home in a bucket. I decided diving was a much less expensive (and stressful) pastime.

Which reminds me, I need to get new bunny footage. Rodney has been a bit more shy and reclusive since Blueberry passed. It may be time to get him a new friend.

RIP Blueberry Sorry I didn't hear about that till now. Did you put together a memorial video?

Yikes! It looks like you are one wind gust, radio drop-out or other failure away from an expensive helicopter saltwater bath.

That is the nature of R/C, and why I quit doing it. My last one involved not just a lot of money, but about 9 months of working on it every evening for several hours. I tried to get one too many flights out of the battery pack one day, and ended up carrying the pieces home in a bucket. I decided diving was a much less expensive (and stressful) pastime.

Yeah. The gear nowadays is pretty advanced - GPS/compass/gyro stabilized, return-to-home on transmitter failure, but electricity is electricity, mechanical parts fail and mother nature pretty much laughs at anything you can put together. I figure I could lose the entire rig every time I go out, just so long as nobody gets hurt if it happens!

RIP Blueberry Sorry I didn't hear about that till now. Did you put together a memorial video?

Thanks a lot Ben. I have a lot of footage over the years but haven't put anything together - my favorite video of her is this one. We do have a memorial tree in the backyard with a little bronze plaque in her honor.

Back
Top Bottom