RIP Quero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's hard to absorb the reality of this. What a supportive, kind, knowledgeable and centered person she was. I never met her in person and had just a few PM exchanges, always very enjoyable. Nonetheless, I feel near tears over this woman I never personally met. I'm so sorry for the loss to those who got to share real life with her. SB will not be the same without her.

I never met her either, but as others have said, she was always a voice of reason and a positive influence on SB. She was incredibly generous with her time and her advice. She spent a lot of time advising me on dive sites in Thailand and I was hoping in the near future to dive with her, but, sadly, I missed my chance.

The link posted above is indeed very confusing. This just seems surreal. I guess since we heard from NetDoc, we're sure?

RIP, Marcia, and codolences to your friends and family.

Quero was top-notch, a team player who kept Scubaboard and its members' best interests at the heart of everything she did here. I miss her already.
:(
Rick

Wow what a shock! She helped me and my family set up some wonderful vacations in Thailand and was active on our local Singapore dive forum as well. Her presence will be missed by many.

Truly a loss. She will be missed.

Words cannot express. I want someone to tell me this is a mistake. :(

I was so saddened to hear this as well, even though I never got to meet her. I always enjoyed reading her posts, and marvelled at the time and energy she spent helping people and explaining things so patiently. You could always count on Quero to post an English translation of articles and try to help clear up muddy info. She expressed herself very eloquently and clearly. I considered her a champion of equalism, articulating subtle nuances in varous threads that were keeping viewpoints separated even amongst women or men alone. She had a way of finding common ground that most people could relate to and agree on. I will miss her insight and dedication to the community at large. May she rest in peace. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom