Save the Date: Oct 18-20 GLWC Fall Meet and Greet.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Potential bad news: I was at Gilboa last Mon. and Todd said that at that point there was no wood available for the campfires. He couldn't tell me whether we would have it at Meet & Greet or not. Maybe that has been rectified since then; I'll have to call and find out. If you guys are going there between now and the 18th, really put the pressure on Mike to get some wood. IMO, this could jeopardize future M & G's at that location. If anyone hears anything different, post it here and the GLWC FB site.

Wow. Mike seems to make a fortune off of the sale of wood. I'm surprised he would get into a position where he doesn't have any available! That will suck if we don't have wood for the evening fires.

will he let someone bring in wood if he is out? if so I see no reason why a guy with a truck (like me) couldn't bring his pick up well loaded with good firewood.

just thinking out loud. . .

That I doubt it cause of the bugs

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

WOOD IS AVAILABLE NO ISSUE!
Talked with Mike today and we the GLWC are ok for M&G.
He has it taken care of.

He was very clear "We are not to bring wood on site."

CamG

Don't forget to contribute to the wood fund when you check in at the office. Todd will keep a running tab to cover the expense, usually about $160 or less covers the wood we usually use. I think it's $7.00 a load; most contribute about 3 loads worth, $21.00, but any donation is appreciated.

So, what's the deal? Do you have to pay to camp or...? What's the cost of diving etc?

Standard fees are in place during the M&G.
As stated there are no special event pricing other than the divers discount at the Dreury Inn in Fin.
Red Pig offers a free app. of onion tower or nacho / queso with purchase of two meals with coupon available at the Gilboa counter.
If anyone has others feel free to post them.

CamG

I'm thinking I will bring baked goods.....brownies, cookies, etc. Whatever catches my fancy to bake Thursday. :p

Not gonna make it :( that weekend is my wifes weekend to work

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom