Beneath The Galleon - Puerto Galera, Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was really wondering how could you get such low price?

I was quoted USD 688.50/pax from ellgaleon for 6d/5n 12dives round trip mnl-pg
The OP probably had several persons to share the van! Otherwise the sum just did not add up if he was travelling alone. The usual private transfer is around US$135.00 each way(good for 6-7 persons)!

Haha , I wonder how many free dives he got for this. For someone who claimed they didn't do much research he sure knows a hell of a lot about that place.

And I quote the OP "This is one of those trips where I made the decision to just pack my equipments and go without much research."

It is actually possible to find out about a place by going there, you do realise that, don't you?

As a regular visitor to the place, I can happily say that the OP is pretty much spot on. It's a great place, great facilities, great people and great food. And the diving does not suck either.

I don't get paid to write this either. Not in dives, beers, freebies or even sexual favours.

---------- Post added October 3rd, 2013 at 05:47 PM ----------

Oh if only PG could talk, the stories it would tell of you eh Larry :)

Not if it wanted to live.

It is actually possible to find out about a place by going there, you do realise that, don't you?

I do realize this of course , but I also find it highly unlikely that for someone who didn't do much research before they left home was also a person who then went onto visit the place and gather such a large amount of research , that doesn't follow a natural pattern for me.It is these motives that I am questioning, I mean to say that the op seems to know every single sliver of information about the place, this is certainly not usual for a regular diver to do. Trip advisor and a number of other review sites use a similar pattern to red flag these sort of reviews. There are far too many adverbs and superlatives used in that review that lead me it is not all that innocent.

Hey Hammerhead I'm not saying what is being said is false or made up , what I'm saying is I believe that ulterior motives are at work here. I wasn't the first person to speak out in this thread but when I first read this article I felt something was off and only after someone else said they too felt it was more of a "advertisement - not a trip report" did I decide to comment.

I could be wrong though and if I am I apologize.

I do realize this of course , but I also find it highly unlikely that for someone who didn't do much research before they left home was also a person who then went onto visit the place and gather such a large amount of research , that doesn't follow a natural pattern for me.It is these motives that I am questioning, I mean to say that the op seems to know every single sliver of information about the place, this is certainly not usual for a regular diver to do. Trip advisor and a number of other review sites use a similar pattern to red flag these sort of reviews. There are far too many adverbs and superlatives used in that review that lead me it is not all that innocent.

Hey Hammerhead I'm not saying what is being said is false or made up , what I'm saying is I believe that ulterior motives are at work here. I wasn't the first person to speak out in this thread but when I first read this article I felt something was off and only after someone else said they too felt it was more of a "advertisement - not a trip report" did I decide to comment.

I could be wrong though and if I am I apologize.

No apology needed. In fact, I cheated.

I saw this tread before replying to you, and actually asked El Galleon if it was a puff piece. Their reply was that they remembered the divers (so many questions!) and said they were great people. I've known some of the guys there for 20 years, and one guy for nearly 30 - they wouldn't bullsh1t me.:cool2:

Having been to El Galleon / Asia Divers a couple of times I agree with the OP's post.

I really don't think that they need to advertise or push their resort, it may just be the OP's style of posting a report.

Only thing I would add is that his/her pricing is a bit on the low side and if you want quiet then this is probably not the place as the Point Bar might make you miss that first dive the next morning.

---------- Post added October 10th, 2013 at 08:14 AM ----------

Having been to El Galleon / Asia Divers a couple of times I agree with the OP's post.

I really don't think that they need to advertise or push their resort, it may just be the OP's style of posting a report.

Only things I would add is;

His/her pricing is a bit on the low side and if you want quiet then this is probably not the place as the Point Bar might make you miss that first dive the next morning.

It takes at least two hours from Makati to Batangas, sometimes longer depending on time of day when you are in Manila.

The OP certainly did not travel alone and use private transfer because US$500.00 could not had covered the expenses that he mentioned(diving + room + transfer).
Where is he now?

I love the hole in the wall dive as well. The shark cave dive is nice also, if the sharks have not left already. It has been awhile since I have been there. But I have great memories of the place. fun, fun, fun, what more can I say? I dove Verde Island as well there, that is really nice diving also. You need to dive Verde Island if you are going to PG.

Back
Top Bottom