2013 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And the coaching search starts. It would be interesting to see who comes in to replace him.

from USC fires Lane Kiffin as football coach | Washington Times Communities

There is no word yet on who Kiffin’s replacement will be.

The obvious choice, at least in the interim, would be Ed Orgeron, who is currently USC’s defensive line coach and recruiting coordinator. Orgeron does have three years of experience as a head coach, albeit with a losing record. He was 10-25 as head coach of Ole’ Miss.

For the long term, perhaps USC goes after former Cal coach, Jeff Tedford, or Chris Peterson from Boise State. Jeff Tedford was a guest at a USC practice along with former coach John Robinson a few weeks ago. Other possibilities could be Kevin Sumlin of Texas A&M and James Franklin from Vanderbuilt.

Does the Washington post not know how to spell Vanderbilt?

from USC fires Lane Kiffin as football coach | Washington Times Communities

Does the Washington post not know how to spell Vanderbilt?

It is from Washington Times, not Washington Post. :wink: LOL.

Tedford - No. Great OC but did not do squat as a HC at Cal. Also, he coached Kiffin at Fresno State.

Petersen (yes, Washington Times butched the spelling on this one as well) - Maybe

Sumlin - Doubt he will leave TAMU

Franklin - Doubt it. Got some excess baggage on him that SC does not need.

Jack Del Rio seems to be the talk of the town. But I doubt it though. Denver is on fire right now and it could be his ticket to land another NFL HC gig.

One name that I've heard and some of the fans are asking for is Charlie Strong.

Charlie Strong is a great guy and deserves better than USC. IMO he could stay at Louisville and build his own dynasty. He's already put Louisville on the map as a contender.

Charlie Strong is a great guy and deserves better than USC. IMO he could stay at Louisville and build his own dynasty. He's already put Louisville on the map as a contender.

LOL. I guess we can agree to disagree, but you do realize that USC is probably one of the top five CFB coaching jobs in the country by general consensus.

I disagree with your Strong deserves better than USC statement. USC HC job is light years ahead of Louisville HC job when it comes CFB.

However, I will agree that he is a great guy and he is building a great thing at Louisville. It would be great if USC can get him to take the coaching job.

IMO the USC job can only be classified as better because of the money. But the money comes with bigtime politics. Unless he is measuring success by his paycheck he's better off where he is.

There are some teams that will always be over rated because of their history. Notre Dame and USC are two of them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

So by that logic then all of the college coaches should stay where they are and forget aiming for that NFL job if money is the measuring stick.

Bigger paycheck comes with bigger responsibilities. But let's forget that for a second.

Recruiting/Talent Hotbed: Check.

Great weather: Check.

Great lifestyle: Check (but that is debatable - to each's own).

Alum Support: Check.

Unlimited Budget for Football: Check.

Football is the Number One Priority Athletically: Check.

History/Legacy: As you have mentioned, check.

Facility: Check.

Please tell me once Louisville has all the aforementioned items checked off as well, then we can start discussing that USC job is better than Louisville ONLY because of paycheck.

The problem with the USC job is that it's the USC job. Even Auburn is a better place than that! :D :D :D (Yeah, they have UGa beat, but only slightly.)

So by that logic then all of the college coaches should stay where they are and forget aiming for that NFL job if money is the measuring stick.

Bigger paycheck comes with bigger responsibilities. But let's forget that for a second.

Recruiting/Talent Hotbed: Check.

Great weather: Check.

Great lifestyle: Check (but that is debatable - to each's own).

Alum Support: Check.

Unlimited Budget for Football: Check.

Football is the Number One Priority Athletically: Check.

History/Legacy: As you have mentioned, check.

Facility: Check.

Please tell me once Louisville has all the aforementioned items checked off as well, then we can start discussing that USC job is better than Louisville ONLY because of paycheck.

I agree with you on all those check points, IF Strong's personal goal is to make more money and work his way into the NFL. (check)

However, from my personal perspective, building something that didn't exist before and making it successful would be the ultimate satisfaction of a professional career. Not the money.

But, that being said, Charlie Strong's $1.4M raise makes him among highest-paid coaches

All this talk of USC which I know is University of Southern California, Let me point out that my UCF Knights took USC University of Steve Carolina ur South Carolina into the locker room 10-0. Mental lapes in the 3rd quarter allowed USC to come back, the Knight finally pulled the heads out of the butts and came back to close the game at 28-25. Our Knights gave Stevie Boy a wakeup call you got to play all the games on your schedule. I bet he threw that visor once or twice during the half time talk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom