Waterproof W30 2.5 MM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howie411

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone tried the W30 2.5 MM suit yet? Looking for a new warm water suit and I can't find any reviews on it (other then some basic youtube info videos). I emailed about if the suit was stretchy neoprene but was basically told its high quality neoprene which will limit mobility. To me that sort of defeats the purpose of a warm water wetsuit, especially if its hard to put on and take off.

I just bought one but I have only tried it out in the pool a couple of times. It is really easy to get into and out of, plenty of stretch and flex. My only problem with it is the wrists are a bit big and my wrists are normal for my size. Water flows up the arms pretty freely. It fits like a glove everywhere else. Feels very high quality, the stitches look solid. Only time will tell if it will hold up in the long run. I also bought the pocket. The zipper is a little tough to operate with 1 hand, may need to lube it for an easier slide. It secures to the wetsuit very securely, I don't have any fear of losing it. I will probably order a W3 at some point for something a little thicker. I teach mostly in 74 degree spring water so a 2.5 mil may not be thick enough for that. After my next class I will be able to say if the W30 will be warm enough for all day in the water. Over all, I am very pleased with it at this point.

Thanks for the info, glad to hear about the high quality. I have a W1 and after about 4 dives it started to tear, it was a very painful experience working with TUSA and Waterproof to get it fixed, then replaced after a bad job on the repair. So far the replacement is holding up good. I usually wear gloves, so even if the wrist are a big large, I will probably have them covered with gloves so that shouldn't be an issue.

Its an interesting they decided to go with 2.5MM, that odd as you usually see 1mm or 3mm. Can you tell much of a thickness difference vs a 3mm?

Ok, I just got my Waterproof W30 today and so far I'm pretty impressed. I'm actually pretty surprised I can't find many reviews on this suit, even LP doesn't have any customer reviews and its been out over a year. I have a cruise + diving planned for the last week in April so I will get a chance to try it out in the water and can update this review. As for the fit its great, I got a medium (I'm 5'9, 171 pounds) and the fit is almost perfect. Every other warm water suit I've tried was a bit off in either the legs, or arm area, this one has no issues. It was very easy to get in an out of (dry) The stitching quality looks great as well as the suit itself is very stylish. My only complaint so far is there is no velcro on the back tab to secure the zipper pull.

I have not decided yet if I'm going to purchase the Tech pocket or not, maybe I'll add it in the future.

Hopefully the suit will hold up well, I had major issues with my W1 suit tearing after just a few dives, and the replacement/repair process was horrible.

For any waterproof zippers and airtight zippers whould be follow as: place a very light dab of Vaseline at the end of each zipper with a q-tip. This will help lubricate the zipper. To increase the useful life of your drysuit zippers, clean the zippers with a zipper cleaner and a toothbrush

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom