2013 Fallfest Megadive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My kid (and few others) have practically grown up with the Megadive. yes, it is family friendly. mine is 18 now.. and still LOVES to go! Go figure, a teen that likes to hang with Mom! Woot!

You mentioned kids being welcome. I've been a couple of times in the past but don't remember many kids around. Any idea how many kids (particularly in the 4-7 year old male category) will be present for this event or have shown up in the past? 75% chance I'll be there. 10% chance I'll have wife and kids, 4yo and 7yo, depending on availability of other kids to play with.

Helen usually attends. I'm hoping my niece and nephews show up. They're all in that age range. Several teens. We get a range of kids, just depends. Bring the family, they're most welcome!

You mentioned kids being welcome. I've been a couple of times in the past but don't remember many kids around. Any idea how many kids (particularly in the 4-7 year old male category) will be present for this event or have shown up in the past? 75% chance I'll be there. 10% chance I'll have wife and kids, 4yo and 7yo, depending on availability of other kids to play with.
I took my then 3 and 4 year olds last year, but we wont have them this year with us. Scubafool has a little girl in his care who might be 8/9? The rest of the kids are often pre-teen to teen (and as Jen mentioned have grown up there). There are plenty of non-diving spouses/SO in attendance who might be able to help with keeping them entertained/have ideas on what typically happens while the rest of us are underwater. While a couple of Colin's kids were babes when they first came, 4 is about as young as most of them come.

---------- Post added September 24th, 2013 at 08:34 PM ----------

Think based on what i see already taken, we might be in for:
Condiments, some kind of salad side dish and a dessert, will look at the protein side as it gets closer - chicken or burgers given the brats are pretty well covered!

As for community help, I'll probably move crap like tables for the buffet, we can crack eggs etc to help with breakfasts, security to keep the squirrels away from the food, and I "might" tend the fire once or twice as well! I will put a call into Alachua Co FD that we are in the area, and I've got it under control....

The fireman is back! Woot! got the hat? :D

The fireman is back! Woot! got the hat? :D

I still have a sombrero from Colin's house back in 2004 (?), is that the one you mean? I believe I picked up the piece of wood y'all gave me for a wedding gift, but not 100% sure on that.

One month to go, getting itchy :wink:

---------- Post added September 29th, 2013 at 07:20 PM ----------

and if we should bring something other than brats for saturday night, just say what.

is it contagious?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom