Authorized online retailers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pelonofear

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
I apologize if this thread has been covered in the past. I actually found a similar thread but is dated 2008/2009, and maybe something has changed?
After inquiring in Amazon if a Suunto computer came with manufacturer warranty, the seller replied "yes". I thought there were no authorized Suunto retailers online. Am I wrong?

Pelonofear,

Aqua Lung distributes the Suunto Computers throughout the United States, and the North American service centers work through them. Aqua Lung will not honor any online sales. If there is an issue within the first 2 years then the computer would need to be sent to Suunto Finland for warranty evaluation.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Is Suunto ever going to reconsider this policy? This old school attitude is why I bought a Hollis DG03 instead of a Suunto Zoop when my last computer was a Suunto Mosquito.

Also are you saying that if you buy a computer online from an authorized dealer that the warranty would not be honored in North America? ( As an example your website says Toms Dive in Austin, TX is a dealer and they offer product for sale online.)

chrpai,

Tom's Dive is an authorized Aqua Lung dealer. Aqua Lung dealers are permitted to sell Suunto computers online as long as they are being sold at MRP.

Best Regards,
Chris at Suunto

Chris,
I understood your reply to my question, but now I am confused after your reply to chrpai.
You said that "Aqua Lung dealers are permitted to sell Suunto computers online as long as they are being sold at MRP".
But in that case, is the manufacturer warranty valid or not?

Pelonofear & chrpai

I apologize I responded to the chrpai's post with the wrong name. In my first post I did not include the part about Aqua Lung dealers are permitted to sell online as long MRP is followed. In this case the North American Aqua Lung warranty is valid with proof of purchase.

Online sales by non authorized dealers which will normally sell the products at substantially reduced costs are not warranted in North America. If you purchase a computer from one of these dealers and have an issue within the first 2 years, the computer will have to be sent to Suunto Finland for any warranty evaluation.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Pelonofear & chrpai

I apologize I responded to the chrpai's post with the wrong name. In my first post I did not include the part about Aqua Lung dealers are permitted to sell online as long MRP is followed. In this case the North American Aqua Lung warranty is valid with proof of purchase.

Online sales by non authorized dealers which will normally sell the products at substantially reduced costs are not warranted in North America. If you purchase a computer from one of these dealers and have an issue within the first 2 years, the computer will have to be sent to Suunto Finland for any warranty evaluation.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Is the warranty honored world wide as long as the purchase is from an authorized dealer anywhere in the world?

awap,

Suunto will honor warranty from anywhere in the world as long as the computer was purchased from an authorized dealer, and the person(s) is the original purchaser / owner. I have attached a copy of the Suunto warranty policy.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

suunto warranty.PNG

Pelonofear,

Aqua Lung distributes the Suunto Computers throughout the United States, and the North American service centers work through them. Aqua Lung will not honor any online sales. If there is an issue within the first 2 years then the computer would need to be sent to Suunto Finland for warranty evaluation.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Just to be clear in light of the above post; the warranty is in no way conditioned on online sales as long as the seller is an authorized dealer. And, the warranty will be honored worldwide so there is no need to send a warranted item back to the original seller. Any authorized dealer can handle warranty claims.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom