Solo traveler seeking Croatia suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thecovetrix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a solo traveler considering a two-week trip to Croatia in Sept/Oct.

I've happily solo-traveled/dove throughout SE Asia, but divers there tend to stay at the resorts they're diving at - so there's plenty of people to hang out with in the evenings.

At the time of year I'm traveling - after high season - do you have suggestions as to where I might find both good diving *and* a social atmosphere - not a crazy party/club scene, just fellow travelers to hang out with over dinner, etc. once the dive day is through? It could be at a hotel associated with a dive center, or just a popular place for independent travelers (i.e. not just folks on honeymoons/family vacations).

I can handle a quiet destination or two, but it would be great to find at least one dive area that's more social. Meeting fellow travelers is one of my favorite aspects of a dive trip!

I'm looking at Vis and the Kornati Islands (possibly from Dugi Otok), mainly, but open to suggestions. I've done 200+ dives, and am AOW-certified, so I'm comfortable diving deep/wrecks - any level below tech. And I love macro - I do a lot of photography. But I'm happy to dive anything cool!

Thanks for your ideas!

I can recommend you little town of Sali (Dugi otok island). From Sali are organized daily trips by ship to Kornati islands and only 3-4 km from Sali you can find amazing Natural park Telascica. [h=3][/h]

"any level below tech" - that's gonna be difficult:) below 40m (until 11km) its all tech:D.

You can't really go wrong with southern Croatia - relatively stable weather & crystal clear water everywhere. My latest trip was in the Razanj/Rogoznica area. I have also been to Murter. The island of Vis also seems interesting if your travel/accomodation arrangements are not finalized yet.

"any level below tech" - that's gonna be difficult:) below 40m (until 11km) its all tech:D.

You can't really go wrong with southern Croatia - relatively stable weather & crystal clear water everywhere. My latest trip was in the Razanj/Rogoznica area. I have also been to Murter. The island of Vis also seems interesting if your travel/accomodation arrangements are not finalized yet.

Murter is overcrowded IMHO. You can find really amazing diving spots around island of Mljet. It is Croatia's greenest island with its Mediterranean vegetation, clear and clean sea, gentle sandy shoreline and a wealth of underwater sea life.

mljet11.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom