Dacor double hose reg parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bryon

Reaction score
Vintage dive team,

Does anyone have spares for a Dacor R4 double hose reg? I require both diaphragms for the reg. I'm also looking for R4 hoses. The ones on mine work, but were stored in a rather contorted position. Consequently, one has a permanent kink and I hesitate to vigorously bend it around, as that might crack the rubber.

By the way, with regards to general twin hose maintenance, has anyone observed any adverse effects from using Armorall on old hoses and mouthpieces?

Keep the old gear going strong! bryon

Aloha Byron, I have PM a message to you with my source for spares for the Dacor.
In regards to Armorall, no I do not use it, as it leaves a residue. I use food grade liquid silicone, available at most dive shops.
Aloha Turtleguy

Turtleguy:
Aloha Byron, I have PM a message to you with my source for spares for the Dacor.
In regards to Armorall, no I do not use it, as it leaves a residue. I use food grade liquid silicone, available at most dive shops.
Aloha Turtleguy
I have started reproducing a few parts for them but no diaphragms as of yet. I have used some exhaust valves from other manufactures with success on those regulators.
Dan should have hoses that are 1" on both ends that will work great on your regulator.

Thanks for the info Brian. For the R4 Dacor, the hose needs to be larger at the mouthpiece end (don't know the measurement off-hand) than the reg body end. I'll keep you informed if I happen to find any!

Perhaps the mouthpiece was changed to a USD ? As far as I have ever seen, Dacor Double Hoses were always 1" at both ends. Let me know if you have any additional info on this!

I have a Dacor mouthpiece that was on an Aquamaster I bought. It is bigger than 1 inch but smaller than a USD. It's about 1 1/4 inch. If anyone needs it let me know.

Captain

Aloha Turtleguy

Any chance I can source some new Dacor hoses one of mine was so dry-rotted it cracked open from sitting on my desk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom