Spear fishing!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sosodeep

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all. Looking for interest in spear fishing around the VB and OBX area. What say you?:goingdown:

Have guns, full tanks and ready to dive! :D

Problem is getting someone with a boat that knows the area and where to find the fish. Some wrecks have different fish that others.

Cool, I have boats and looking to start looking for some places to hit. I will be in Orlando for a while and will cave dive to pass the time but when I get back, we should look at our options. Have you done any spear fishing locally or in OBX?

Cool, I have boats and looking to start looking for some places to hit. I will be in Orlando for a while and will cave dive to pass the time but when I get back, we should look at our options. Have you done any spear fishing locally or in OBX?

I have been spearfishing VA and NC for the last 10+ years on scuba. Happy to ride along/ give advice/ good GPS # etc...
Covered the various ledges and wrecks from SE NC to Hatteras, and the colder and murkier wrecks from north of Hatteras up to the VA eastern shore. Different guns and techniques depending of prey species and level of shark threat!

Duncan

FWIW.....Duncan is a fish whisperer. Draws them in,nails the one he wants and never goes home empty handed.:worship:

I've hunted VB area the last few seasons but don't claim to know a damn thing about it, just a good shot with equipment. I am still learning, compared to my peers.

VB and OBX have there momments, but it is the time now in OC. I stopped posting pics here cause I felt they were not appreciated. Here is thing one and thing two. And the oms slipstreams are xxl, in case you are curious.
Eric

Attachments

• thing1.jpg
    thing1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 89
  • thing2.jpg
    thing2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 88
Eric - nice Togs! Soon be back in season in VA - saw the state record (and some) on the Eureka wreck last weekend!
Couple of pictures from NC spearfishing (Hogfish & Scamp), and one from VA (good flounder day - had enough folks on the boat to account for the flounder numbers!).
Lobster Wreck Hogfish.jpg390108_10200915904973906_408627369_n.jpg296653_2189610292721_4747143_n.jpg

It just does not get any better IMHO! With any luck the storms will stay away and the fall ride will continue without interuption. Fingers crossed.
Eric

I'll be heading out on the 28/29Sep off Jacksonville/Mayport, weather permitting. I knowMike D. is planning to drive down with another diver. There's room on the boat if you're interested and available. I plan to drive up to Mayport on Friday and return on Sunday to Orlando. Interested, let me know.

Will

Thank you all for your interest and great pictures! I will get with you as hunting contacts. Please post your pictures with pride. We have a great sport and need to share our trips. Hopefully, we can generate more interest and create something awesome here.:goingdown::goingdown::fish::fish::goldfish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom