Fantasea BigEye Lens G Series: Eyegrabber, where can it be mounted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Average

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

I have the Fantasea BigEye Lens G Series with my G15 and FG15 Housing.
Now I need a place to put the lense when I'm not using it underwater. I have seen that there is this (pretty expensive) EyeGrabber from Fantasea. But: I don't have a flash setup, and on the pictures it looks as if the Eyegrabber is made to be mounted on the flash arm?

So my question: Can the Eyegrabber also be mounted somewhere else, maybe directly on the FG15 Housing?
Or, do some of you guys even not use it at all, but maybe just use some simple, homemade "trick" (I don't know.. maybe just "buy this, put a whole into it and attach it to your bcd, problem solved etc)

No, it needs to be on an arm. You can put the lens on a leash (aka, a piece of shock cord) if you like.

Jack

Buy an arm, attach the arm to your BCD, attach the eyeGrabber to your arm, problem solved :) - Scott

another question: I have bought the eyegrabber+an arm and am going to buy a tray. I want to have the eyegrabber +Bigeye attached to my cam, so that I have everything "precious" in my hand. I feel if I have it dangling around my bcd, I will breat it sooner or later.

So my question: who makes the cheapest trays? SInce I really just need it to attach 1 arm, nothing further, I just need any tray that'll fit my FG15 housing. The Blueray Tray seems very expensive, I haven't found a good price here around Switzerland/Europe.

I don't know how to google for other trays, since I don't know the make. Googling tray of course, yields alot of different results that are not that kind of trays.

I use a Fisheye tray, simple and light, yet effective and not that expensive.

Back
Top Bottom