Very UNhappy with Lavacore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a lavacore longsleeve top about a year ago. Thing is a flipin machine, I love it. Its warmer than my 3mm and easy on and off. I dont even want to dive without it! Still looks as new as the day I bought it. Done maybe 50 dives, an IDC and taking it surfing so its been through a fair bit, and it looks like new.

The size is a bit strange, I have a wide chest and usually a XL but have gone with a 3XL. Its not as tight as my wetsuit though, but then again I usually struggle with sizes being 6'4.

My dove buddy sweats by lavacore using it under his dry suit and as a base layer for motorcycle riding is cold climates. I just tried some on. I am 6' 4" and 200# alcove l athletic build 43" chest and 32" waist. I wanted a piece base layer. Tried on an XL. It fit very snug in arms and legs but very loose in waist. I wish they would make tells and get their sizing better. I'll be waiting before I buy.

Sent from Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

I have to wear a full lavacore and full 3mm for 80 degree water and am still freezing....I bought it hoping go without the neoprene altogether. I'm just freakishly cold all the time. The suit fits great except the wrists are really tight before I get in the water (size Small), to the point of my hands turning a bit purple and beginning to get tingly....once underwater it's not a problem.
It really makes getting the neoprene on and off so, SO much easier and I LOVE that it doesn't add buoyancy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom