Death at Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are not allowed to keep the beacon thing over night, then that is a good indication that they don't allow night solo dives... yes?

If you are not allowed to keep the beacon thing over night, then that is a good indication that they don't allow night solo dives... yes?
It was mentioned above that night dives must end by 2 hours after sundown. Since staff is still there, the beacon could be turned in.

Does anyone know if diver was on OC or CCR?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Subscribing, hoping to learn more.

My condolences to the family and dive partners.

I was up there today and inquired about their policy regarding solo diving at night. For the record, Dutch Springs does not allow this.

Reactions: RJP
Usually, if you are going to dive at night with a Buddy, it is wise to stay close to your buddy. Just a thought....

The same goes for daytime dives as well. A buddy is no good to you (and you no good to them) if you are too far away from each other to help. That distance might change with visibility but if you are much more than a long arms length away, you are likely too far if the poop hits the fan.

It can be difficult sometimes to stay with your dive buddy in the dark, especially if you don't have a light.
I can't imagine diving in the dark without 2 lights and maybe a tank light - each.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom