San Diego dive buddy for some days in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keith.M

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey folks,

I am going to be in San Diego for a wedding on 9/28.

I plan on staying the previous week and would like to get some diving in.

I would like to find a buddy to dive with on available days of 24, 25, 26 and 27.

Not sure if I will dive all those days but I will be available to dive on those days.

I would be available for shore or boat dives.

Have not decided if I am driving or flying yet. If I drive I will have everything. If I fly I will need tanks and weights.

Thanks,
Keith

Thanks Merxlin, I have joined that group and hopefully between it and here, I can come up with a buddy.

Plans are being finalized and it looks like I will be diving wed. through fri. 9/25 - 9/27.

So if anyone here would like to buddy up, please let me know! I am AOW with EAN and wreck certs and 80+ dives.

I could also use some recommendations as to where to rent weights and tanks.

Looks like I will be diving off the Marrisa on Friday, 9/27.

I would still like to find a buddy to dive on Thursday the 26th.

Thanks Merxlin, I have joined that group and hopefully between it and here, I can come up with a buddy.

Plans are being finalized and it looks like I will be diving wed. through fri. 9/25 - 9/27.

So if anyone here would like to buddy up, please let me know! I am AOW with EAN and wreck certs and 80+ dives.

I could also use some recommendations as to where to rent weights and tanks.
We dived on the Marissa and really enjoyed it. We did a night lobster dive and it was the first boat trip that I've ever been on with really experienced divers. There were a couple of wetsuit divers who got sea sick,cold and opted out of the second dive but for the most part it was hard core diving. The two DM's, one dove a rebreather and the other dove doubles. They were both experienced technical divers, one was a full-cave diver. I felt that if we had any problems that we were covered.
Which was a good thing because conditions were tricky. Lots of surface chop ( 4-6 ft waves), and the second dive had heavy surge, since it was shallower and closer to shore.
I'd dive with this boat again any time we return to San Diego.

---------- Post added September 7th, 2013 at 06:11 PM ----------

Looks like I will be diving off the Marrisa on Friday, 9/27.

I would still like to find a buddy to dive on Thursday the 26th.
You'll have an excellent time. Did you ask the Marissa if they have a single diver in need of a buddy?
Good luck finding a buddy for the 26th. Wish I were closer and able to dive. I have surgery the 25th, my second knee surgery in 6 weeks. Will be December or January before I hit the water again.

Keith
Im heading to SanDiego for a conference on the 24-29 and was also hoping to get a dive in. Ive not dove southern Cal-lots in caribbean and Hawaii.... would love to experience the kelp forest and pacific life.
Im good for 2 tanks and was looking at Shore options in LaJolla, but am open for anything. Im flying from midwest so might chose not to haul my stuff (??). Thursday might be ideal for me.
lemme know
jim

Jim & Keith
Not sure if you guys have dove LJ shores before?
If youre looking for shore dives in the kelp forest you can easily access a great kelp dive in La Jolla Cove by entering the water by the stairs.
No surf to have to deal with like the shores, kick out to the kelp & drop in.

Here is another one:
Scuba Diving in San Diego - La Jolla Cove

I havent done the cove yet as when the other half & I were about to dive it surf was breaking on the beach & lots of surge. If the cove has breaking waves, you dont dive it, relocate to the shores.
But she has dove it recentlly without me & its fairly shallow dive, way out in the kelps edge is only 40 feet max.
I was on the suface watching my 4 year old while she dove it & her down time was over 1hour 30minutes on a steel hp 100, I was freaking out not realizing all of it was a shallow dive...
Vs. diving the shores & dropping into the canyon & checking things out on the wall.

Video of a cove dive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-WKdqJ6PH7s

Back
Top Bottom