Raja Ampat Liveaboard -which boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heg. I have been searching for moderate priced boats in raja ampat and the grand Komodo tours has five boats in the area then. We are on the explorer for ten days in raja mid oct 2014. check them out. Good, basic boats and they have been in the area for decades. You have to start your search far ahead of trip time un
less you are going for a last minute discount.
good luck. Try the grand Komodo website. Very user friendly.

Reactions: Heg
What about the Pindito? I've heard good things about it from divers I've met, and it has some awesome-sounding itineraries.

I think I might be a day late and a dollar short but I will put in my vote for the Dewi Nusantara as well. I just got word that they are adding an espresso machine to the boat! Now is that enough of a reason to go with them? In all seriousness, we have been on her 3x and last trip all but 2 people were repeat guests!! Stellar!!

Hi
I am trying to narrow down what seems a huge amount of options for our trip to Raja next march/april.
We want a liveaboard rather than land based, but choosing a boat is confusing the life out of me.
:confused:
We require a double cabin with private shower/head. Doesn't have to be high end, as long as it is clean and comfortable.
We want a crew that are very experienced in the area, that know the sites like the back of their hand. THis is VERY important.

We also want Nitrox.

Can anyone offer any advice?
Thanks

Hi, I just posted on this web site that we would have 2 places available on the Mermaid 1 for the Sorong-Raja Ampat-Sorong itinerary (2-11 April 2014). I chartered the whole Mermaid 1 for our club ( Accueil ). We are very international ( from CH, A, F, B, I, H, USA) and all very experienced divers. In addition some of us will extend the stay some days near Manado on the Resort Bunaken Cha Cha. If you are interested contact me on pierre.baehler@cern.ch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom