Diving Lake Pleasant 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Out at Vista today - water is warm warm warm at the surface, feels good to do your stops in a happy place! 53 degrees @ 100ft, thermocline was right at the wall. Viz is spectacular, considering it's summer, at least 20ft both above/below the thermocline.

How is the lake vis lately? Haven't been in the lake for over a year but thought in the next weekend or so on make a run just to get wet.

Any update would be appreciated!

thanks

Craig

Wow, Nobodies been to the lake lately? I may have to go out and dive this weekend just so I can update this thread.

cb

Lost gear. We were snorkeling around at Spring Canyon Landing at Lake Pleasant on Wednesday. We got in just to the left of where the road ends and swam around the south end of the cove for a bit. When we stopped to take a break my youngest son informed me that he had lost a fin. It was a medium sized jet fin. I still have the other fin. If anyone finds the lost fin contact me and I'll give you the other.

Steve.

Went to Vista Point this weekend and had a couple of nicedives. It starts off with a nice long walk from where you park your car to thewater but not too bad. The water is warm and at first you wonder if you need a3 mil. Vis at the upper part of Vista was probably 15' maybe a little more. Onceyou get close to the ledge it drops a little, But once you over the edge andhave a little depth thru the thermocline vis opens up to maybe 20” or more. Tempat depth was probably under 60 degrees.

Fish were pretty scarce. I a couple of big cats and thatwas it. They must be hanging out in the deeper water.

I was also surprised that there we several divers and a fewnew divers in training.

Craig

Steve and I dove the point at the end of the road at Spring Canyon Landing this morning. Alot of divers and a couple of classes. Water at the surface was 85 degrees. There is a thermocline at approximately 50' which will get your attention. Visibility is a cloudy 15' to 20'. Always a pleasure diving with Steve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom