Carthaginian worth doing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The last few years I've done mainly Lana'i. Would love feedback on if the Carthaginian is worth doing. I'd probably do it with EH. Appreciate the feedback!

YES!!

It's a beautiful ship, sitting upright like she's ready to sail at any moment. When I was there, we found five large frog fish. Also, there's always the possibility of a "drive by" by the Atlantis submarine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It's a relatively small ship and it's deep, so the dive is short. But I really enjoyed it, in no small part because it had an incredible number of frogfish:

182308_10151601026774216_241565726_n.jpg

Definitiely do it. Its a 100 foot dive in calm and clear water. The structure of the ship is simple- and empty shell of a hull, deck intact, but bay doors removed so you can safely enter it. Lots of good macro life, and an excellent chance for white tip reef sharks inside or near the ship. Also, the Atlantis sub goes by it, and its fun to greet the tourists on board.
DivemasterDennis

I like diving it every few years. We dove it in the early evening before a night dive.
Cartaginian 010sb.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom