simply the best, blue horizon Nov 2013 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pughio83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am new to egypt liveaboard diving and was looking at going away in Nov this year for a week of diving, and have been looking at the project shark trip on the 'simply the best' route with blueOtwos blue horizon. The boat looks great but i am unsure whether November is a suitable time, as i have read that the weather can be bad and trips often get cancelled to brothers and go elsewhere, which kind of defeats the object of going.

Can anyone advise me a bit more on the matter. If the weather is consistently rubbish, and hitting the intended sites unlikely then i probably will opt out of looking any further. I have been to egypt in May and Sept and had good weather (sharm and marsa respectively).

Any replies appreciated,

cheers guys

Hi there

we have done two trips now with Blue 02 and cannot recommend them highly enough. The boats , the food , the guides , the cabins were all absolutely top notch.

We have also done this route twice , both in July / August , when the water is meant to be calm . Last year it was , flat as a pancake on top with wonderful vis. However this year we were only able to spend less than a day each at the Brothers , Elphinstone and Daedalus. The surface conditions were terrible , particularly for dingy pickups and this meant long long sails onwards or backwards. We completely agreed with these decisions , as did every one else and everything was handled superbly.

I would personally just go for it , the shark action is amazing down there and the Egyptian dive industry needs all the visitors it can get.

Thanks for the advice. I am concerned re the weather in nov, maybe choppy but maybe not. Will see tnx tho

+1 on Blueotwo..great operator, wouldn't think of doing a Red Sea trip with anyone else now that i've discovered them. I can tell you one trip with another boat near November...want to say mid-late October.. we could not get out to Brothers due to high winds/waves and, like your concern, completely defeated the purpose of my trip

Thanks for the input. We have booked to go to hurghada for 3 nights at movenpick, then onto blue horizon for project shark doing simply the best itinery. Bit of a gamble re weather and Egyptian turmoil but I think hurghada seems ok and most of time we r on a boat. If we see Oceanics then trip is a success. Would be hitting not to get to the good sites but we shall see. Life is a gamble. I always seem to go places in peak season for something and never see it so maybe this will work out!!

Done 2 trips with them this year, they're excellent. One trip on Fin, the other on Horizon.

November is excellent! You don't have to worry too much about the weather when you're going on a boat like blue Horizon. It is big enough to cross in fairly rough conditions and during the many years I worked for blue o two I think it was only once or twice we could not go to the advertised dive sites and that wan extreme conditions.

Shark Week is a good choice and the value added to the trip by Elke and her shark talks in immeasurable!

You will have a great time!

...a...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom