The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife's computer went belly up first dive after having the regs serviced. We took it back to Scubatoys and Larry said, "Let us check it out." I called them up a few days later and they said, "It's toast. Just come in and we'll give you a new one."..and they did.

BTW have you seen their new digs?.. Their new shop is frickin' huge!..It's nice.
There is a dive shop about 4 miles from my house...and I drive right by it on my 30 mile drive to Scubatoys. I've never bought anything from them online because they are close enough for me to just go there in person, but they take care of their customers. I imagine it's the same for their online customers.

oceancrest67:
Like I keep saying...buy only NON-LIFE SUPPORTING equipment from an online source...fins, suits, etc. I will only buy a bc or a reg/computer from an LDS. Most manufacturers work only with established LDS dealers etc. The grey market issues / selling used as new issues keep creeping up in the online market. Are prices cheaper online? Yes, but you always get what you pay for...and then some. With scuba equipment...scuba equipment is not like shopping at Walmart...it IS expensive because most of it IS specialized.

Just my O2

First, you are treating all online retailers alike....And that is not a good thing. Would you treat all LDS's alike because one screwed you? :)

Second, I've had nothing but good service and good treatment from LP, but I've used the telephone for contact. Many companies, not just LP, suffer from a lack of available personnel to be able to manage all the emails that come in...

Call a retailer (not just LP) and you are likely to get much better information than from sending an email...

All this being said, I want to try Scubatoys the next time I need something. Many good things have been said about them.

outlawaggie:
NOT ALL ONLINE STORES ARE GREYMARKET!!!!

LeisurePro is grey market...no their warranty is not from the manufacturers.

However, Scubatoys.com, scuba.com, diversdiscount.com are all AUTHORIZED dealers. They all have physical shops in their respective cities. Aside from keeping the money in YOUR city there IS NO difference in buying from Scubatoys.com than your local LDS. If you happen to be in dallas you can walk into Scubatoys store and buy it htere rather than online. As a comparision I could actually BUY A PLANE ticket to Dallas, go to Scubatoys shop, buy a reg, computer, BC, octo and STILL SAVE MONEY compared my LDS here in Houston.

Again, I'm not trying to get into the online/LDS arguement just poiint out that the above post is a gross, unfair overgeneralization by equating all online shops to LeisurePro

Just a correction here...LP DOES have a walk in retail store just like all the other ones you mention above. They are located in Manhattan

Suunto is a product falling under Aqualung's pervue.
LP is not an Aqualung authorized dealer.
Aqualung doesn't honor warranties on items sold by LP.
LP's Warranty for those types of Items are worthless.
(my guess is it is taking so long becuase LP is trying to find some authorized dealer to try to back channel your computer back to AL to get it fixed under warranty. But that is my guess.)
LP is not the place to buy your gear.
I am not saying not to buy your gear online I am saying to buy your gear from authorized deals be it online or your LDS.

scubasean:
First, you are treating all online retailers alike....And that is not a good thing. Would you treat all LDS's alike because one screwed you? :)

Second, I've had nothing but good service and good treatment from LP, but I've used the telephone for contact. Many companies, not just LP, suffer from a lack of available personnel to be able to manage all the emails that come in...

Call a retailer (not just LP) and you are likely to get much better information than from sending an email...

All this being said, I want to try Scubatoys the next time I need something. Many good things have been said about them.

Scubasean:

I have replied to more than one reply on this thread. Please read carefully...I said that issues do creep up in the online market place...I did not say ALL online retailers/distributors have issues...I am just saying...buyer beware...and that goes for an LDS as well.

I do agree with calling the actual manufactuer for information and who, what, how they deal with etc.

To the original poster: you should try calling LP. I bet you get a better response. Work your way up the chain of command in customer service. I have never had an email replied to by LP.

ScubaTexas:
To the original poster: you should try calling LP. I bet you get a better response. Work your way up the chain of command in customer service. I have never had an email replied to by LP.
I called them today and was told they are waiting on the manufacturer. I told them it has been almost two months,he said six to eight weeks is normal. He then said he will send Suunto a message to check on the status. I guess I will give them two more weeks and call back. Bought a uwatec air z nitrox have not lost the signal ever. Am happy with it but have only used it in the pool and lake.I want the cobra back as a back up on a trip,it is paid for and I don't have the bucks to buy a extra uwatec. ScubaToys.Com is my #1 place to buy my gear from now on! Larry is great to deal with and the new shop is awesome. And I too drive by several shops to get to his.

I greatly appreciate all the info/opinions on this thread, as I'm concerned about LP service, and cancelling my order to buy from another dealer. Personally, I would call again today and not wait 2 more weeks. This is unacceptable service. 2 months plus! Do you have proof of sending the computer and of their receiving the package? I would call them and ask what Suunto said. Either new computer or fixed computer in one week in your hands.

I called Leisure Pro. My Stinger should be here, as it shipped Thursday of last week, so it should come with the 5:00 delivery UPS.

I questioned them regarding the warranty card. I was told 4 weeks for repair. I said what happens if it takes longer than four weeks, and the answer was "We have to ship it in to the manufacturer."

I would definitely question them, especially since legally, the paperwork and warranty we sign does not include or exclude enough to be specific regarding service and their competence.

LP has been quite curt with me both times I spoke with them, and defensive.

downunderjenn:
I would definitely question them, especially since legally, the paperwork and warranty we sign does not include or exclude enough to be specific regarding service and their competence.

Whose does? I can't think of any purchase I've made for less than $100K that came with an SLA (Service Level Agreement). If there's a single manufacturer's (or dealer's) warranty out there in the dive industry that guarantees any particular level of service, I'd be astonished. Please cite; I just Googled my way to several major makers's warranty text and not a one of them makes any service level commitment.

LP has been quite curt with me both times I spoke with them, and defensive.

I'm not disputing your perception... but... do you deal with Manhattanites much in the course of business? Conduct that most people would view as curt and defensive is what you get when most Manhattanites are striving to be mellow and friendly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom