When to take a flashlight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As others pointed out carry at least one light even on day dives. Among other uses I've used the light to locate my buddy by shining the light in an arc, even when beyond the range of visibility.

I always carry my flashlight (Armytek Barracuda). I use any mode I need for any purporse: 1390 lm, 820lm, 170lm or 30 lm. And runtime of these modes is perfect due to high efficient electronics.

i carry 3, every dive, one really big & bright & two really small & bright.

Always carry 3. 1 AGIR 21w primary, and 2 Scubapro Novalight 230.
In addition, I usually also bring a SOLA 1200/800 on my camerarig.

I carry a minimum of one on day dives and two on night dives.

I do the same as Baby Duck. It's just easier to always have the same lights,same amount of weight. The lights are great in the kelp forest to signal to your buddy if you get separated.
At night, I really want two, preferably three lights. I have my brand new can light, plus my two 1,000 lumen DRIS lights.

I have a small flashlight that I'm going to take on an upcoming trip that I could attach to my BC. This had me wondering.

When do you use a flashlight? Do you only use one when going to a certain depth or do you always take one as a safety precaution?

Thanks.
I ALWAYS have a small flashlight in my pocket when diving. If I know its going to be a darker dive or a night dive, Ill also bring the primary...

Same as the rest: Always a small backup flashlight to look into cracks, crevices during the day or for emergencies. Add an additional primary light for a night dive. Don't do caves or wrecks so two will be all I need.

A

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom